Worried About Toby

Guest twoskinnydogs

:( re swelling. Hope you can continue to stay ahead of the pain. Scritchies to your good boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dobiegrey

Dang!!!! I was so hoping for better news. I know you are worried but try to hang tough the fact that he is acting good is very good sign!

How's Toby doing? Hope he had a good day.

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest twoskinnydogs

He's unchanged, which I guess is better than being worse. His leg is swollen and he has been coughing some. His color, heart rate and breathing have all been within normal readings. He does have several new tumors that appear to be growing. I have prepared myself for what is ahead. He has had 3 treatments of the new chemo with none of his symptoms getting better. If his leg continues to swell, his breathing becomes irregular, or if he is in pain I am ready to do what is best for him. Toby has put up a good fight considering how advanced his hemangiosarcoma was when we got to OSU. I love this sweet boy very much and will not let him suffer. I am fed up with cancer and it stealing our babies from us like it does. Good friends of mine whom I adopted a beautiful brindle girl to 3 years ago have been going through OS with her. They had her right front leg amputated in Feb with clear chest xrays, last week they found out that she now has another OS tumor in a rear leg. When things like this happen it really makes me wonder??? Why is cancer even here on this earth, all it does is cause pain and suffering! :(

Sorry, needed to vent!

Edited by twoskinnydogs

You do need to vent, and we are here for you to do that. I am so sorry that things haven't improved Jason. :grouphug

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest Roadtripper

I'm sorry. I don't understand either. Wishing you both strength & many many good days still. Toby is a blessed boy to have you (I'm sure you feel the same about having him).

If it helps to vent, then go right ahead. If we can't make that da** disease disappear, we sure as he** can bi*** about it with you!!!!!!!

:grouphug

Guest twoskinnydogs

My poor Toby is not good, I noticed a little while ago that his gums were no longer the bright pink they should be, they are pale pink. He is not in any pain that I can tell, except when he walks on the swollen leg. I'm afraid the time is coming much faster than I had hoped. I am going to see if he improves by morning and see where it might lead us. Thank you everyone for the kind words, prayers and thoughts. I am forever grateful to all of you for helping me through this who ordeal, first with Emma, now with Toby. On top of Toby being in this condition I was visited by some friends today and their hound Spirit. Spirit had OS diagnoses in Feb with amputation. They found out last week that she now has another OS tumor on her rear leg. This hits me hard because this is the first adoption I did for our group, and actually made friends with the couple. Today was kind of a somber day, knowing that today was the last time I will see Spirit and knowing that Toby is almost there too! I need a break and a vacation! I am looking forward to Mountain Hounds though!

Hang in there Toby. And Dad. You both have a big fan club.

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Jason,

I am so sorry to hear that Toby is going downhill. I had so hoped that he had more time with you. You have been hit by so many horrible things lately -- I wish I could help from a distance.

Jane

p.s. You may not remember -- we met at OSU once

{{{{{{{{{{Toby & dad}}}}}}}}}}

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Jason, I am so sorry you are going through so much lately. I wish I could offer some words of comfort, but I can't. I really hope you have more quality days with Toby. :grouphug

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I was hoping for better news for you. Prayers for the both of you.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest DiforDan

So sorry to hear the bad news about Toby. He is obviously so loved, and you will of course always do the best for him.

Guest twoskinnydogs

Jason,

I am so sorry to hear that Toby is going downhill. I had so hoped that he had more time with you. You have been hit by so many horrible things lately -- I wish I could help from a distance.

Jane

p.s. You may not remember -- we met at OSU once

I remember you Jane! :)

Oh how I wish things were different, I am really scared now, Toby appears to be off balance. I talked to my vet, whom has been keeping in contact with Dr. C, he was on the way back from Richmond when I called but he said that the unbalanced part could be the anemia or the worse off option, brain METS1 I can't let him go on in this condition, he's not hurting but he's not happy. My vet is going to call me back when he gets home to see how Toby is.....hope he improves but I am ready, I think! Ugh

How does cancer grow and spread so dang fast! Dr. C got me 14 greyt weeks with my boy, without Dr. C Toby would have been gone long ago. I know I gave him the best life a greyhound could have. I know hw knows this when he looks at me with his big dark brown eyes.

Edited by twoskinnydogs

I'm sorry he isn't doing better. He is lucky, tho, that he has you to look out for him.

You love him. He loves you. When you get down to it, that's all that matters and all we have. We're all just passing through & the lucky among us have our furry friends to share the journey. But saying farewell is so difficult. :-( I'm wishing both of you peace & strength. And more time.