Diamond Recall

Guest EvanstonGrey

Ugh, this is starting to make me nervous, I feed my hound Diamond Naturals Chicken and Rice... Wonder if it's just a matter of time :(

I feed Nature's Domain Grain-Free Salmon. And I believe it's made by Diamond. I emailed and asked about it but I am not holding my breath for a prompt or terribly forthcoming reply. Argh.

SummerGreytalkSignatureResized-1.jpg

Lisa B.

My beautiful Summer - to her forever home May 1, 2010 Summer

Certified therapy dog team with St. John Ambulance

I feed Diamond Chicken and rice, and alternate with Nutrisca. Think I will stick with Nutrisca. Diamond keeps adding more recalls.

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb

Guest LadyChester

Diamond also makes Kirkland, Taste of the Wild, Chicken Soup, and maybe a couple of others.

I stopped at my feed store and picked up a bag of the Diamond Naturals Beef yesterday. The woman at the counter told me that Diamond isn't shipping product, or at least very little (stuff I'm sure they're positive is fine). They've basically shut things down to test ALL products. She told me not to expect to get another bag anytime soon.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a beef food that won't break the bank???

Guest sirsmom

Diamond also makes Kirkland, Taste of the Wild, Chicken Soup, and maybe a couple of others.

I stopped at my feed store and picked up a bag of the Diamond Naturals Beef yesterday. The woman at the counter told me that Diamond isn't shipping product, or at least very little (stuff I'm sure they're positive is fine). They've basically shut things down to test ALL products. She told me not to expect to get another bag anytime soon.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a beef food that won't break the bank???

Purina One and Purina Pro Plan have beef and NutroMax

Guest Gert

Yikes! I also feed Diamond (Lamb and Rice) and will be keeping an eye on the expanding recalls.

I believe it was their Lamb and Rice, manufactured in the SC plant, that was the first to be recalled (see the post from TOTW on 04/13 here).

I feed Taste of the Wild....so far it's been okay.

Edited by Gert

Stacy I feed TOTW too and so far no problems except I can't get it at the moment. I picked up a

bag of Acana Ranchland food. Kibble is a small part of what I feed my dogs. I might stay with the Acana. Not cheap by any means, but they love it.

Guest Gert

Stacy I feed TOTW too and so far no problems except I can't get it at the moment. I picked up a

bag of Acana Ranchland food. Kibble is a small part of what I feed my dogs. I might stay with the Acana. Not cheap by any means, but they love it.

Yeah, mine are doing really well on TOTW High Prairie...I hate to change. But, we'll see if they keep having recalls.

Multiple Diamond Dog Foods Now Linked to Salmonella Outbreak in Humans

www.dogfoodadvisor.com

http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-news/diamond-dog-food-salmonella-human/

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb

We've been feeding our pack Diamond Naturals Chicken & Rice for years without any problems. DH just picked-up the last two bags at Tractor Supply. I'm hoping that we can still get it once those bags are gone.

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)