New Here

Guest cookieface

Guest cookieface

Good morning! I'm new to the forum and want to introduce myself. My husband and I have talked about getting a dog since we met in college. After 20 years of waiting for the right time, we finally added a dog to our family - a black standard poodle named Katie. She's absolutely amazing. We've had her for about 5 months and she'll be a year in May. I never considered myself a "dog person" but I'm already thinking about a second. That's what brings me here - I think a retired greyhound would a wonderful fit for us and I'm eager to learn all I can. It will be at least a year until we adopt as we need to get Katie settled and on her way to being a well-mannered adult before adding another dog to the mix.

I have tons of questions, so I'll start searching the archives and posting questions when I can't find answers.

Thanks!

Welcome :wave

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Welcome!!! We had a Beagle and then added our first grey to the family. He is now 11 and 1/2.....and we have been adding greys ever since!!!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Guest Angelique

Do share some pictures of Katie!! Welcome and ask away. The archived knowledge base is also amazing. It's great that you are considering adding a grey to your family, they are the sweetest thing in the world, and they come in every size, color and temperament!

Guest 302Crew

Welcome!

I came here for almost the same reason as yourself. It's an amazing place to come and learn about these dogs. It's not just the learning part of it, but it's also entertaining and insightful.

We just got our first grey a month and a half ago, and we're already talking about a second. :blink:

Enjoy! :)

Hiya! welcome2.gif You should check out GreyPoopon here on GT. She is a multi-poodle, multi-greyhound owner extraordinaire.colgate.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Welcome! We have a standard poodle ( totally awesome), a labradoodle and a big blue fawn boy. Both the oodles are females. They are so awesome together. Couldn't have asked for better. Gabi, the labradoodle is in charge of her pack.... She's constantly licking Mica's ears. Can't wait to see your poodle. FYI: our greyhound was a foster. We decided within a week that he fit and had found his forever home.

Guest cookieface

Thank you for the warm welcome! I'll set up a photo sharing account later (when I'm not supposed to be working ;) ) For now, here's an album.

I'm happy to read there are homes with spoos and greys. Good to know the two can peacefully coexist. Dee - Fostering first seems like a prudent decision.

When the time gets closer, I'll be sure to ask for recommended adoption agencies. I noticed a few PA and NJ folks - I'm in southeastern PA.

Guest Angelique

Kate is gorgeous! Is she to smart for her own good? My grandma' had spoos forever and there were a few in there that were just scary smart.

• 3 weeks later...

I love standard poodles ALMOST as much as I love greys!! :P

Were you on the board on April 1? Every year, it changes to PoodleTalk for the day!! :lol :lol

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Hi, and don't forget to read the GOOD along with the not-so-good stuff, meaning mostly the medical issues that can arise. Topics have been started here where we talk about how everything is Greyt with our Greys, so look for those too.

Welcome! :wave:welcome2

I love your username! :lol:

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day.