Looking For Siblings

Guest DizzyIzzie

Guest DizzyIzzie

Hello,

I am kind of new to GreyTalk - I come check it out every once in a while and still learning where things are on here, etc. My name is Miriam and I have a lovely girl, Izzie. I adopted Izzie through GRA Canada and I am a member of the GRA forum. I adopted Izzie back in Sept. 2009 and brought her home Oct. 3, 2009. I just adore my little girl. I couldn't ask for a better pupper.

This is my Izzie

HPIM3124.jpg

I just adore my little girl. Since adopting Izzie, I have located one of her siblings, a brother, Roc A By Maleman (aka Hank) and last month I was contacted by the new owner of one of Izzie's other brothers, Roc A By G Wiz (aka Planck).

There are 8 puppers in this litter, including Izzie. I am hoping that some of the other siblings are on here (Izzie's other siblings are Roc A By Tin Cup, Roc A By Gym Bo, Roc A By Lover, Roc A By Smurf, Roc A By Boomer). If you can and would like to chat and share pictures, I would love that and please feel free to message me.

Edited by DizzyIzzie

Gorgeous!!!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Wait until Maggie (Yamaha girl) reads this...she'll be able to help. She's obsessed with littermates. :P Have you checked greyhound-data? Sometimes the adoption group is listed. I'd start there.

Welcome from Waterloo. Our first grey, Bailey, was a GRA pup way back when Hinsdale was still open. You'll find tons of information on here, way more than the GRA forum.

Izzie is adorable.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Wait until Maggie (Yamaha girl) reads this...she'll be able to help. She's obsessed with littermates. :P Have you checked greyhound-data? Sometimes the adoption group is listed. I'd start there.

Welcome from Waterloo. Our first grey, Bailey, was a GRA pup way back when Hinsdale was still open. You'll find tons of information on here, way more than the GRA forum.

Izzie is adorable.

Totally got me there! :P

1. There's a website called littermates list...BUT it if no one inputs their own greyhounds names, then it's really useless.

2.I'm assuming you know about Greyhound-data?

3.I also started a thread Greytalk ROLL Call, so that people can input their greyhounds names, post up your info...there have been many connections made!: http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php/topic/263908-greytalk-race-name-roll-call/

4. You could even try googling their racing names.

5. Some say to contact "NGA", but when I did they told me to contact the racing owner, which I did...but she doesn't know where they went.

6. Search the racing owner on facebook...yes, I did that and am in constant contact with my greyhounds farm momma. Although, she does not know what groups placed the littermates.

7. Roc a By Lover AND Roc a By Smurf were placed by "Greyhounds Only, Inc" - as per Greyhound-data.com http://www.greyhoundsonly.com/, try emailing them...they could put you in contact with her parents. Try even searching the group out on facebook, and post it up on their wall.

8. Check out the website "trackinfo.com". Take each racing name and put it in under "dog look-up". If you find out the track they raced at, then if that track only sends their greyhounds to certain groups, that narrows your search down. There are over 200 groups in the US alone.

It's tough...and it takes time. I've emailed over 60 groups asking if they adopted a littermate of my "A Star Blackieto" out, less than half actually reply. And due to privacy reasons, some probably won't even tell you. I know one was adopted out in Birmingham, but the group cannot give me the adopters names...they have mine, but haven't initiated contact :(

Edited by Yamaha_gurl

Greyhound Collars : www.collartown.ca

Maggie (the human servant), with Miss Bella, racing name "A Star Blackieto"

13380965654_dba9a12b29.jpg

Guest DizzyIzzie

Totally got me there! :P

1. There's a website called littermates list...BUT it if no one inputs their own greyhounds names, then it's really useless.

2.I'm assuming you know about Greyhound-data?

3.I also started a thread Greytalk ROLL Call, so that people can input their greyhounds names, post up your info...there have been many connections made!: http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php/topic/263908-greytalk-race-name-roll-call/

4. You could even try googling their racing names.

5. Some say to contact "NGA", but when I did they told me to contact the racing owner, which I did...but she doesn't know where they went.

6. Search the racing owner on facebook...yes, I did that and am in constant contact with my greyhounds farm momma. Although, she does not know what groups placed the littermates.

7. Roc a By Lover AND Roc a By Smurf were placed by "Greyhounds Only, Inc" - as per Greyhound-data.com http://www.greyhoundsonly.com/, try emailing them...they could put you in contact with her parents. Try even searching the group out on facebook, and post it up on their wall.

8. Check out the website "trackinfo.com". Take each racing name and put it in under "dog look-up". If you find out the track they raced at, then if that track only sends their greyhounds to certain groups, that narrows your search down. There are over 200 groups in the US alone.

It's tough...and it takes time. I've emailed over 60 groups asking if they adopted a littermate of my "A Star Blackieto" out, less than half actually reply. And due to privacy reasons, some probably won't even tell you. I know one was adopted out in Birmingham, but the group cannot give me the adopters names...they have mine, but haven't initiated contact :(

Thanks for all the great information Yamaha gurl!

I'll check out the Littermates website and the Roll call on here.

I have looked up the greyhound - database and I did notice that through there Smurf, Lover and Maleman were adopted out of the group in Chicago, Greyhounds Only Inc. and through their Facebook page I managed to get ahold of Kat - Maleman's aka Hank's new owner. But I never heard anything about Smurf and Lover. G Wiz's new Mom has contacted Greyhounds Only Inc group and I don't think she has gotten a response yet - I could be wrong. I have used TrackInfo for Izzie's races but not for that - that's a great idea! I sent the pet transfer papers to the racing owner and I have that for Izzie, when I asked the NGA for his contact information they did give me his phone number - you think I should call him? I will take a look for him on Facebook, it's worth a try :)

It is tough. I have been looking off and on since I got Izzie and I would often hit a dead end. Sometimes I would have to walk away from this to try and generate a new idea of how to look for this. Wow, 60 groups!! Yeah, I hadn't thought about the privacy thing. Oh :( I hope that they do message you one day.

Thank you again for all the greyt ideas. I appreciate it.

Thank you everyone for the compliments :) I think Izzie is cute too (but I guess I am biased ;) lol)

Edited by DizzyIzzie

Guest zombrie

Izzie is stunningly beautiful!

I love littermates... that's why I have a pair :P I'd adopt a pair of littermates again any day! Good luck with your search!

Your dog is gorgeous.

You might try creating a thread in Everything Else Greyhound, and post something like "Looking for Litter # XXXXXX" since a lot of folks know their dog's ear tattoos as well as their registered names.

My guy has lot of half siblings I've run into on GT, but I have yet to sniff out any of his 9 littermates--although I do know one died while waiting to be adopted.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

I know one was adopted out in Birmingham, but the group cannot give me the adopters names...they have mine, but haven't initiated contact :(

I found out Summit's brother was adopted out by Allies. I contacted the group and they said they would pass along my info to the family. Never heard back. :( Unfortunately, a lot of people aren't interested.

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

I know one was adopted out in Birmingham, but the group cannot give me the adopters names...they have mine, but haven't initiated contact :(

I found out Summit's brother was adopted out by Allies. I contacted the group and they said they would pass along my info to the family. Never heard back. :( Unfortunately, a lot of people aren't interested.

I hear ya :( It's been almost 2 years since I've been posting everywhere I can in hopes of finding a littermate.

Greyhound Collars : www.collartown.ca

Maggie (the human servant), with Miss Bella, racing name "A Star Blackieto"

13380965654_dba9a12b29.jpg

Guest ShanYu

Me too... Nike is one of 6 boys - 4 brindles 2 fawns. I found out that a group was placing the other fawn brother, contacted them, they told me he had been adopted and would pass on my info to the family - but nothing so far. Keep looking!

Guest zombrie

Wow, I guess I'm really lucky! The family I contacted that had Doolin and Minerva's littermate responded to me almost immediately! Very nice people. I was also able to contact one of Mira's littermate's family.

I have to say, keep periodically checking the littermates' greyhound-data pages. One of Mira's littermates became available for adoption last year at 7 years old! She was returned. If she hadn't been all the way in Canada, she would be here right now :P