Strange Lump On Bella's Foot

The day before yesterday, I noticed for the first time a hard lump/bump on Bella's foot. I have been inspecting it since then. It does not hurt her, it does not inhibit her waking, running, or jumping. When I touch it or gently squeeze it, it does not bother her. I have posted some pics. She goes in next week for her annual, I will have the vet look at it ofcourse.

Any thoughts on this one? THank you.

%3ca%20href=DSC02177.jpg">

%3ca%20href=DSC02174.jpg">

%3ca%20href=DSC02173.jpg">

%3ca%20href=DSC02171.jpg">

%3ca%20href=DSC02167.jpg">

I'd compare it to the other foot to see how different they are. Daisy has incredibly skinny back feet and her feet have bumps, but probably not as large as the ones in your pictures.

One other thing I noticed is a corn on the foot in the background of the third picture.

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

Yes, the corn on the other foot has been removed a couple of times, and it comes back. It is her only corn, and the vet has said that as long as it does not bother her, there is no medicine to eliminate it. Even my vet in Fla said that corns always come back if removed.

The lump is 2.5 times larger than the bone on the other foot that is in the same place.

I can't see anything in the pictures, but you know your hound's feet better than anyone else.

For what it's worth, if you are seeing/feeling a hard mass that feels part of the bone, I wouldn't wait until next week to have it checked out. I may be super Osteo-jumpy since we're going through it now with Gabe, but it's such a fast-moving disease, I wouldn't risk letting it go for a week.

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

Guest Snazzy_Chloe

Dislocated toe??

If you pull out on the toe does it change?

Calcification of the joint?

I am guessing only an X-ray could see what was going on there.

Dislocated toe??

If you pull out on the toe does it change?

Calcification of the joint?

I am guessing only an X-ray could see what was going on there.

It is right on the bone on the side of the foot. She will definitely get an X-ray. It is not the toe. The toe moves just fine. Good flexibility and everything.

THanks

I would definitely get x-rays.

That being said, I have a whippet mix who has developed various bony bumps on her feet in her old age. Dr. Couto at OSU said that it was arthritis. She is now 15 1/2 years old and the bumps started about 1 1/2 years ago. I does alter her gait but she doesn't seem painful. 15 1/2 is a ripe old age for a 50 pound dog.

Jane

I would definitely get x-rays.

That being said, I have a whippet mix who has developed various bony bumps on her feet in her old age. Dr. Couto at OSU said that it was arthritis. She is now 15 1/2 years old and the bumps started about 1 1/2 years ago. I does alter her gait but she doesn't seem painful. 15 1/2 is a ripe old age for a 50 pound dog.

Jane

I am jealous -151/2! That is wonderful. Believe me, I would brag too. :)

my girl is only 7.5

• 3 weeks later...

Greyt news!!!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.