Mr. Murphy

TinyMityMo

Murphy would roach anywhere...

murphy.jpg

And never found a trashcan that could defeat him. :wub:

He was a big, silly, sweeter than sugar slab of a dog. I can only imagine how much you all miss him. :grouphug

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, Mr. Murphy...you remind me a lot of Fenway. You are loved and missed. :heart

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Guest BlackandBrindle

Just seeing this now. :(

I am so sorry that you lost your precious boy. I know he couldn't have asked for a family to love him more than y'all did. My deepest sympathies to you, Sean, and the boys. :grouphug :grouphug

Somewhat suddenly and unexpectedly, we've lost our Mr. Murphy. He was 12 and for the last 5 or so months had been getting accupuncture to help with a weakening back end and general stiffness. It helped lots and we got plenty of stuffy shaking out of him because of it. For about the last week (right after Thanksgiving) he was extra shakey, unwilling to do stairs and somewhat clumsy when he was up. I found some rimadyl from earlier this year and started him on it while he waited for his next accupuncture appointment. It seemed like it was helping a bit.

But right after I got on a plane to go play in Dallas with friends he was down and couldn't get up. He was shaking and panting very hard. He lost bowel and bladder control and then was gone. Poor Sean was home alone to deal with it. According to his conversation with the vet she thinks, given the description, that maybe he had a hemangioma or some type of tumor on his heart that had burst. We decided not to autopsy so we won't really ever know. I was sad not to be here but in retrospect, glad that he only had one week where he was poorly and that we ended up not having to make that horrible decision.

Enough about all of that - a little highlight of who he was.

Mr. Murphy was a big lovable lunk. His favorite positions were leaning on someone for scritchies, or feet in the air roach style. :wub:

His favorite activity was trash can diving and counter surfing <_<

My beautiful red and white boy

murph2.jpg

murphbeach.jpg

He and Bailey were two halves of one soul and now they are together again

IMG_0289.jpg

Mo, he was certainly one of a kind. How Bailey depended on him, he helped her so very much feel more confident. The best thing I loved seeing is you telling him "show me your turkey belly" and low and behold he would roll over and put all 4 legs up and display that belly for some good ole rubbin. I know all of you will miss him terribly. He had a great life with you and is now reunited with his sweet little girl Bailey.

We will miss you Mr. Murph... :(

Edited by Lilysmom

Praying for all the missing greys!

I am so sorry to hear of Mr. Murphy's sudden passing...he raced out of life like the racer that he is. I am sure he has hooked up with Bailey already....I have never seen that photo before of Bailey resting on Mr. Murphy's armpit and I love it!!!! That is the epitome of contentment!

All my sympathies to you and your family! It is not worth it to worry about not being there at the end: my father passed away similarly (my mother had been on high alert for the end and he passed while she was taking a restroom break and the nursing aides were taking care of him) and it seems to be quite common. Could it be a higher calling??

{{{{Hugs}}}}

Bow Wow Wow Yippie Yo Yippie Yay :)

Siggy4.jpg

Johanna with hounds: Woodie (Molly's Marvin) (Grenade X Kh Molly) and Petra (Make Her a Pet) (Dodgem By Design X Late Nite Oasis)

and forever missing Hurley (Jel Try Out) (Gable Dodge X Kings Teresa) with Kalapaki Beach in Kauai as the background