Introducing Magic And Charlie!

Guest FrankieWylie

Guest FrankieWylie

Hey there! We got Magic and Charlie from Adopt A Greyhound Atlanta!

Charlie was D's Papa Johns and Magic was Unfolding Magic. Both from Jacksonville I believe!

Anyhow, we got Charlie on October 30 and went back to get Magic on November 3! We decided one was just not enough ;) Really, my husband didn't want to share. You see, he is allergic to dogs, and has never owned one. He spent his entire life flaring up and being unable to breathe with water eyes, itchy skin and what not. But for some FABULOUS reason, he has minimal to ZERO reaction to the greys!!! Seriously, a happy accident that we found this out :)

Anyhow, until we get some of the holes in the back yard filled, we aren't letting them off leash back there. So, we take them to the baseball fields to run once a week. They absolutely LOVE it! Today was the perfect day and they seemed to play for hours. It was so much fun!

Charlie is the larger one. Magic has the greyed out muzzle.

6365456131_1224ddfefe_z.jpg

1DSC_2929 by *just_me*, on Flickr

6365456403_c0892cc663_z.jpg

1DSC_2931 by *just_me*, on Flickr

6365455961_f0e20213b2_z.jpg

1DSC_2887bw by *just_me*, on Flickr

6365455701_d86556600e_z.jpg

1DSC_2817 by *just_me*, on Flickr

6365455415_b5ba5cfe94_z.jpg

1DSC_2799 by *just_me*, on Flickr

6365455261_dda6cdda78_z.jpg

1DSC_2781 by *just_me*, on Flickr

6365454651_b3fd031a0b_z.jpg

1DSC_2716 by *just_me*, on Flickr

6365454495_a1f1a137d9_z.jpg

1DSC_2655 by *just_me*, on Flickr

6365454373_94ef9012e9_z.jpg

1DSC_2646 by *just_me*, on Flickr

6365453961_25650833e1_z.jpg

1DSC_2622 by *just_me*, on Flickr

6365453837_ee5c96c6d6_z.jpg

1DSC_2615 by *just_me*, on Flickr

6365453453_9789737c58_z.jpg

1DSC_2535 by *just_me*, on Flickr

Welcome! Your pups are gorgeous!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest FrankieWylie

Thanks! We are so very in love with these guys! Us having dogs is a true miracle and we couldn't be happier with these two! Polar opposite personalities but oh so loving and sweet!

GalgoMum, that one is my favorite too!!!

We think they are pretty stunning guys! Magic has come such a long way since we got him 2+ weeks ago. His hind legs/bum were in terrible shape, but now he has hair growing back and bumps going away! He loves having his "elbows" rubbed with cream that softens them and they are looking pretty awesome too! If we could just get rid of his rank breath we'd be all set LOL!

Very handsome boys you have there! Look forward to seeing more pictures and hearing more about them.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Welcome home to 2 very handsome boys !!!!

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Thanks! We are so very in love with these guys! Us having dogs is a true miracle and we couldn't be happier with these two! Polar opposite personalities but oh so loving and sweet!

GalgoMum, that one is my favorite too!!!

We think they are pretty stunning guys! Magic has come such a long way since we got him 2+ weeks ago. His hind legs/bum were in terrible shape, but now he has hair growing back and bumps going away! He loves having his "elbows" rubbed with cream that softens them and they are looking pretty awesome too! If we could just get rid of his rank breath we'd be all set LOL!

Love the pictures! Just wanted to say that you might try Petzlife gel and/or spray along with a good brushing regimen. I use CET enzymatic toothpaste. You can use either a soft human brush, a little rubber dog toothbrush that fits on your finger, or even some gauze. I assume that you have been to the vet and they didn't see anything abnormal with the mouth. If a good cleaning regimen doesn't clear the smell up in a month or so, I would go back to the vet and investigate further. There could be some infection or decayed tooth. Did they do a dental before you adopted? If not, he might be due for one.

Your pictures are really nice, the black and white is a stunner. What a great looking family you have there!

Edited by RedSquare

Taunya and her Supreme Grace, Anna - Sharsanna (Kiowa Sweet Trey x Camden Coming), Surge (no races), Kelsos Yorktown (Trent Lee x Kelsos Spotswood), Galgo Espanol - Valentin. Forever waitin' on Red (Kiowa Mon Manny x Bella Ionic).

Welcome, really awesome pics of your really awesome greys. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to many more pics and stories.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest FrankieWylie

Thanks guys. We are missing them greatly while away right now :(

In regards to his breath we have taken him to the vet. He definitely needs a cleaning. Since we decided as a family to officially adopt Magic, we will schedule that when we get home :)

We do daily bushings at home, and Magic is adjusting to them. He hasn't had them brushed before ;)

Welcome and thanks for sharing your great pictures of Charlie and Magic. They sure do look like happy boys. So glad that your DH is fine with the greyhounds. That is wonderful. :confetti

As for the bad breath - we have one with bad breath too and her dental was less than a year ago and we do daily teeth brushing too. Hope you find just the right solution! :thumbs-up

Beautiful Pics...By the way, he doesn't look to allergic in that kissy-face picture!!:rolleyes:

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Guest FrankieWylie

Hehehehe. Seriously don't know what it is about these guys! He is in complete heaven with them. It's why we have two...so he doesn't have to share lol!

I'm hoping Magic's breath is just fr grungy teeth but am prepared to love a life full of stank kisses. He truly has a mouth only a mother could love. That overbite is seething fierce!

• 3 weeks later...