God Speed Linda Jensen

RobinM

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mom2Shiloh

I do not know any single person who has made as big a difference to greyhounds and those who loved them as Linda Jensen -- I was so deeply saddened when my daughter told me I needed to come read. She helped thousands of hounds, hundreds of owners, dozens of kennels and adoption groups and yet each individual greyhound mattered deeply to her, as though they were the only one she was on a mission to help. She brought me my Callie (Leecadia, my first greyhound, Harley Stardancer's niece) from Kansas back in 2008. What she did not individually drive, she organized, coordinated, put together, was Always there with help and information! I just cannot imagine for the life of me what we in New England are going to do without her.

Thank you Linda -- I'm so glad I knew you. You will be deeply, deeply missed for a very long time!

I never had the pleasure to meet Linda and her family but I knew who she was. I am sad that she left us but on the other hand happy to know what a greeting she had at the Rainbow Bridge. My sincere sympathy to the family and friends left behind to pick the pieces. Godspeed Linda........you made a huge difference in this world and now you will make a huge difference at Rainbow Bridge.

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

Linda was also involved in our Shadow's adoption. Obviously she helped many other greys as well and made many friends throughout her life!

The passing of Linda leaves a void in our hearts as well.

God speed Linda - you are already missed.

Robin, Judy, and, Shadow

Guest DoofBert

WE met Linda in 2003 when Dancininthedark became our pet. Dancer, as LInda called him, was one of her beloved racers. thanks to LInda, he became our beloved pet. Linda always made time to learn of Sir D's latest antics, share information about greyhound health wellness and share ideas about greyhound adoption.

She and her son also made Bert, Sir D's littermate, available to us. We all enjoyed the getaway weekends to Pet Expo in MA>... She was tireless.... but at the end of the Sunday Morning walk of those weekends, she had a tremendous smile on her face,content.....the smile of accomplishment, of knowing it was job a well done. She really enjoyed seeing all the hounds and their humans living life and having a greyt time.

Linda will be missed by all who had the pleasure of knowing her -- both hounds and humans.

Godspeed Linda... now it's time for some rest..... let your spirit shine down from the heavens and be sure to help us all carry on with your work!

Love to JJ and the jensen family.

Jayne and Tim and

the Pokeynose Black Pack

Edited by DoofBert

Guest greytbookert

I'm very sad to see this. If it weren't for Linda, I would have never known that our Booker's brother was Kid Creole and would have never had the opportunity to meet him.

She will certainly be missed by hound and human alike.

For those in the area who may not be on Linda's Facebook friends list: her family is planning a memorial service for 1 p.m. on Friday, November 11, 2011, at Dougherty Bros. Funeral Home, 595 Norwich Road, Plainfield, CT.

Her sons are also seeking pictures of Linda, as she was camera-shy. If you have any, please tag them or post them to Linda's Facebook page, and if you would like a direct e-mail address instead, I'll be happy to pass it along. Just PM me.

Edited by RhodyGreys

Meri & the Dorg
with Little Lee from Eetaly (Raider Retire), Freya FooFoo (Writers Block), Brodie (never raced), and "foster" JJ (Rossmore Judith). Missing Bravo, Chickie, Nico, Meri Carol, Lucky II, Ringo, Mylie, Bull, Geordie, Shae-Leigh, Stretch, Dustin, Cooper, Lucky, and Heidi.

Guest Keystone

Linda was so very helpful to Keystone when we formed our group in 2007, gave us wonderful guidance and sent us many dogs over the years. I remember being with her in San Diego when GPA honored her work, she was almost embarassed to be singled out. Good speed, Linda.

Guest Maddison

Oh my gosh, I am so shocked to see this. Linda bought a Stinkerbelle from me back in 2007 for her lovely Bright Eyes. Bright Eyes passed away suddenly after receiving the sweater. It broke my heart that she lost her beautful dog too early. She loved those dogs so much. She was a truly remarkable person.

What a remarkable and very special Lady she was....

Deepest Sympathy to her family and those that knew and loved her f_yellow

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

My condolences to her family & friends. I'm sure she'll keep her eye out for the hounds from the bridge. Godspeed Linda! flowers_yellow.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

just a reminder - Linda's Memorial service is tomorrow, friday in Plainfield CT.

Linda Jensen September 18, 1948 - November 5, 2011 Plainfield - Linda Jensen, 63, of Weston Rd. Passed away Saturday evening at her home. She was born September 18, 1948 in Germany a daughter of the late Travis and Elizabeth (Repper) Austin and had resided in Plainfield since 1980. Linda received her Bachelor's Degree from South Dakota State University and her master's From Texas A&M. She was devoted to the care and welfare of retired Greyhounds and was recognized as the 2010 Greyhound Adoption person of the year by the American Greyhound Council. She leaves her sons, Rider Jensen of Greenwood Village, CO, John Jensen of Plainfield and Robert Hartwell who Linda thought of as her third son. 1 brother Tom Austin of Aurora, CO. Three sisters, Ann Horrar of KY, Wendy Ingbretson of Bennett, CO and Mary Martin of Houston, TX. Also many nieces and nephews.

A memorial service will be held Friday at 1:00 PM at Dougherty Bros. Funeral Home 595 Norwich Rd. Plainfield.

In lieu of flowers memorial contributions may be made to the American Greyhound Council Adoption Fund.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/norwichbulletin/obituary.aspx?n=linda-jensen&pid=154523819&fhid=14875

gallery_9376_3027_10401.jpg

Nancy and

Grace - Andicot 2/1/07

Solo - Flying Han Solo 3/20/11

Missing: Murphy, Shine, Kim, Sprite, Red Dog, Lottie & Harry

Guest Mom2Shiloh

Thank you for posting that, Nancy. I have never been to a memorial service in my life that moved me more deeply than the one for Linda Jensen today. And I've never been so deeply impressed with the huge, immense difference one incredible person could make in thousands of lives. Will be keeping her family, close friends and her greyhounds in my prayers -- I have no idea how the Greyhound community, especially here in New England, is going to get along without her. It's an absolute honor to have known her. :weep