Trachea Chews

rschultz

I've given lamb trachea to my dogs. They're very light and crunchy. They don't last long, but they're much appreciated. :)

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Guest greyers

I feed trachea and my guys have always done great on it. I just watch how fast they eat it is all. It seems like some times it is a little "rich" for some of their bellies, so I just watch how much they eat in a single setting!

My boys get the trachea from Camp Greyhound outside of Barrie. They like them, but because of recent molar pullings, poor Ryder can't chew em, they are too hard and then he tries to swallow them. Pre-dental, they LOVED them. I do find some of the edges are hard and cause the gums to bleed, and they love them so much they don't last very long either!

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

a local greyhound camp/dehydrated food supplier http://www.freewebs....epawstreats.htm sells them!! moo chews! :) my dogs loooooooooove them.

We've gotten moo chews and all sorts of other dehydrated delectables from Awesome Paws - the dogs love them. Beef ones must be tougher than lamb because while they are a single chewing session treat, they do take awhile for the hounds to finish them. Angel Arlie was a particularly enthusiastic fan.

Guest jbbuzby

Ferguson got one for his birthday, but it lasted maybe 5 minutes, though he did enjoy it. Didn't have the same enthusiasm as raw turkey necks though!

I have no doubt my dogs would love them. Only problem is me: I can't get past what they are. :puke

Well, I just got them in the mail today..I don't know what I was thinking?? :huh Did I think they would look like a bone?? :blink: I gave one to Lexie..She loved it. I just have to not think of what they are when I give them to her :eek

Lexie is gone but not forgotten.💜

I have no doubt my dogs would love them. Only problem is me: I can't get past what they are. :puke

Well, I just got them in the mail today..I don't know what I was thinking?? :huh Did I think they would look like a bone?? :blink: I gave one to Lexie..She loved it. I just have to not think of what they are when I give them to her :eek

Good luck! :puke:repuke:puke

• 2 weeks later...
Guest snoopycomehome

Dragon LOVES :wub: trachea...and Gypsy eats them just because she inhales everything anyway. They stink (but nothing like bully sticks!) and are greasy, so I don't get them all the time. We get ours at the local feed store. Sometimes I get them from PetSmart, but they are much more expensive there.

Summer adores trachea. I also get them from our local Camp Greyhound/Awesome-Paws. As well as her personally dehydrated liver slices, beef slices, tendons and... ummm... bull parts (laughingly called "Dick Van Yikes"!). Cubes of green tripe, too. Turkey necks. Raw feets. Yup, dehydrated trachea is quite tolerable. :lol

Edit: And she does such a wonderful job, with quality ingredients and no additives. So you don't get smelly things or greasy things (well, there's not much you can do about fresh green tripe, though).

Edited by OwnedBySummer

SummerGreytalkSignatureResized-1.jpg

Lisa B.

My beautiful Summer - to her forever home May 1, 2010 Summer

Certified therapy dog team with St. John Ambulance

Mine LOVE them, but I have to be careful, because they consider them very "high value" treats. Gabe has let Lucy take cookies directly out of his mouth but caused Diamond an e-vet visit and three layers of stitches when she eyed his moo tube.

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.