Help With Squeaky Toys

Guest BobbiD

Can anyone recommend good quality squeaky toys for hounds? the soft kind with stuffing.

she doesn't tear them, just breaks the squeaker inside the toy. in less than a week she has broken a half dozen or so toys. I'm looking for something more durable.

Guest greyers

I have not used them, but plan to get some soon. Dr foster and smith advertises these snakes that have squeaks that even if punctured will still fill with air. Might want to check them out

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3307+3+22923&pcatid=22923

I have never had good luck with toys with one exception. 4 Christmas' ago I bought several dog toys from the $2 bins at target. One was a Christmas tree and the other a wreath. They made the most obnoxious sounds because they "sang". The tree sang "o Christmas tree..." and the wreath "we wish you a merry Xmas". My husband was annoyed with those toys the second I came home with them. I told him not to worry as they would be "dead" by Christmas! Do you know those $2 plush toys sang for the next 3 years!!! Ohhhh the looks on hubby's face when JJ would play nonstop with them in June or July!!! :P :P

There are some that you put an empty plastic water bottle in. They don't squeak but crackle. When the bottle doesn't crackle very well anymore, just slip a new bottle inside. It works for us. :colgate

Surrender now!

Very few squeaky toys hold their squeak for very long. There are some that are sold with a velcro opening so you can open them up and replace the squeaker.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Guest greyers

Surrender now!

Very few squeaky toys hold their squeak for very long. There are some that are sold with a velcro opening so you can open them up and replace the squeaker.

My local petco use to carry these, but now they do not. Any idea where you can find them these days?

I have not used them, but plan to get some soon. Dr foster and smith advertises these snakes that have squeaks that even if punctured will still fill with air. Might want to check them out

http://www.drsfoster...23&pcatid=22923

I have one of these toys and they are just how they are advertised -- After at least a year there is just one section of the snake that doesn't squeak. Survey is a real toy killer so this is pretty amazing.

They really, really, really squeak too. :P

Ann

NewSiggy09b.jpg

Guest greyers

I have one of these toys and they are just how they are advertised -- After at least a year there is just one section of the snake that doesn't squeak. Survey is a real toy killer so this is pretty amazing.

Thanks for the info!

I am SO getting one! Do you have the 24 inch with 3 squeakers of the 36 with 6?

Guest greyers

There are some that you put an empty plastic water bottle in. They don't squeak but crackle. When the bottle doesn't crackle very well anymore, just slip a new bottle inside. It works for us. :colgate

The light in my brain just went on! I saw those the other day online and could not wrap my head around that toy! :o I thought it was to "hold" a pets water bottle! Wow. Just wow. It's been a LONG time since I did something that dumb! :lol:eek :eek

Surrender now!

My local petco use to carry these, but now they do not. Any idea where you can find them these days?

You can buy them by the hundreds on ebay, or just little bags, too. That's where I bought mine. Gets pretty cheap in large quantities.

get one of these, Myka murders her stuffies and this one is still going

Invincibles Green and Black Snake Dog Toy - 3 Squeak - 23 in.

Stuffing-free designs keep your home clean and squeakers that withstand your dog's toughest punishment make Invincibles the toys to satisfy you and your dog!

Camp Broodie with tuxedo Summer 12 and tuxedo Dio 6

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016, Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020, and Saint YellBoy 2014-2020

Peggy hasn't managed to 'kill' her Skineez squirrel even after several months. It's plush, long and slinky just like a real one only it comes squashed flat like some kind of roadkill. (It's like the fox in the link)

http://www.amazon.com/Skinneeez-Stuffing-Free-Dog-Toy/dp/B0018CIDTE/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1319999674&sr=8-5

I've got quite adept at surgery on her other suffies, often transplanting vital 'organs' from a dead one into a nearly dead one :)

Thanks for the info!

I am SO getting one! Do you have the 24 inch with 3 squeakers of the 36 with 6?

I got the 36" with 6 squeakers. It was the middle squeaker that finally gave out.

Ann

NewSiggy09b.jpg

Guest itsagreytlife

I bought a bunch of small, medium, & large replacement squeakers online (sit&stay has some or you can just google dog toy squeakers). They are very cheap and I have managed to save several of Selah's favorite buddies with a simple "operation." And I am no great sewer, that's for sure!

Surrender now!

yeah, felix opened the velcro closure and killed the squeaker, don't waste your money. i go to the cheapie store, they seems to get $1-4 toys which regulary sell for way more and stock up. i only give them to the dogs when i feel guilty.

These soft, durable toys (with multi-squeakers) are favorites for our hounds/fosters/visitors). Tuffie toys (including their squeakers) last for years around here, even with younger and more active chewer hounds. We started buying them because of a young major toy destroyer; plus, we didn't want soft toys that resembled kitties.

http://www.tuffietoy...m/ultimate-ring

Guest Snazzy_Chloe

No mention of the sqreaming monkeys from Cara at NorthcoastGreyhounds.net ???

Hers are the best - but my hounds don't eat the toys - she just plays with them but sure has a good time with these.

Guest Melissa516

I bought a bunch of small, medium, & large replacement squeakers online (sit&stay has some or you can just google dog toy squeakers). They are very cheap and I have managed to save several of Selah's favorite buddies with a simple "operation." And I am no great sewer, that's for sure!

This is actually a fantastic idea! I'm going to try this... except for the ones where the arms, ears, etc. have been mangled and shreaded of course! :lol Ginger has a Skinneeez Plush Rabbit that she loves, but the squeekers only lasted a few hours, maybe.