Proin Users, Poo Problems?

Guest onedollar

Guest onedollar

My foster dog Geoff has been taking Proin for what the vet has determined as a weak urinary sphincter. It has worked wonders! Anyway, his poo is very much like a cow patty. It doesn't seem to matter what I add in to help, it doesn't change consistency very much. Before I change his food (currently TOTW) I was wondering if it is just a side effect of the Proin. I looked but I didn't see it listed as a common one?

He has been tested and is negative for worms.

devilgeoff003.jpg

Here's Geoff. Isn't he handsome. :blush

Didn't know Proin worked on boy dogs. My mix Lucky had firm stools all the while she was on Proin.

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

Guest Swifthounds

I've used Proin with several dogs and they haven't had stool issues. If he's relatively new it might just be nerves. Have you tried giving some slippery elm?

Guest onedollar

Thanks everyone, I am going to go ahead and try a different food. He's been here since early Aug, so I need to get his plumbing working right so somebody can take this big hunk home.

Has Geoff ever had firm poops? Or have you noticed it since the Proin was introduced?

Yes, I have adopted 3 black greyhounds and Geoff is a handsome devil!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Here at GITroublesRUs, I'm running about 50/50 on tolerance of Propalin (PPA). The ones who can tolerate it do very well; others end up with soup poop or worse (unable to hang on).

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)