Vocal

Guest carhound

Guest carhound

Hey all, created a separate note for this since it was unrelated to our previous topic. Our girl has become quite vocal in the past few months. When she gets super excited she roo roos and it almost seems like she comes by to talk to us. We'll be sitting on the couch and she'll walk by and she'll come up to us, look at us and start rooing. We just want to make sure they're happy roos and see if other people have vocal dogs (everything we read before getting her said they were pretty quiet). We don't mind the noise at all, it's actually kind of funny because it seems like she is trying to communicate

Edited by carhound

I have three greys who are big talkers - whines, barks, yodels, ruffs, roos, and many other assorted sounds. My boy Dude will tell you just about anything at anytime - and he loves it if you talk back to him!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Guest TBSFlame

Jeremy is very vocal. He has lots of sounds as he talks to us. Sometimes it can be loud and we encourage an inside voice but it is part of who he is and we would never try to change him.

Saint talks so much that if any of my others did it as much as he does I'd go insane! The boy is never quiet unless he's asleep and sometimes he talks in his sleep. :lol

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Magic is a talker. I can always tell when he's about to speak: he wags his tail, air snaps, growls (not vicious), and sometimes a little yip right before he barks. He usually wants something: a cookie, water, to go out, sofa where someone is sitting.

Carol, missing Magic (1/5/01 - 4/15/15) but welcoming Fuzzy's Joy Behar (Joy) into my life on 5/31/15.

Zoe is my chatterbox. She communicates quite loudly at times. My whippet is almost 15 and very hard of hearing. I only have to ask Zoe to "call Indy" and she usually starts barking, which is a sound that he can hear (and so can the neighbors). He will come to me then. It does have its advantages!

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow