Green Lipped Mussels

My research for Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM supplements has taken me to a new route that I'm going to try, and thought I'd share.

I found a wonderful lady in Farah, from www.rawpaw.ca (Thank you Pauline from N/A for telling me about her)

I've been communicating with her daily over the past 4-5 days and have finally settled on trying something called Green Lipped Mussels to aid in Ryder's slight limping issue. I have yet to determine if Kasey's allergy to Kelp is translatable to shellfish, so for now I'll be trying this solely on Ryder. I've attached information about it:

GLM.png

Anyone heard of it? Tried it?

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

Guest snakes

If I remember right, this is the ingredient that Glycoflex claims is the main ingredient that makes their products worth using.

MY friend with a GSD swears by it for his dog that has had hip dysplasia his whole life and is now getting arthritic.

I have used it for FedX for his arthritic toe and now UPS for her arthritic toe and spine issues. It seems to help a little, Not sure it is much better than just regular glucosamine and chondroitin. They do love the soft chews though! it is thier early morning treat :)

I've heard of it, but not tried it. Will be interested to see what you think. I started Fletcher on Yucca root drops. It's only been a week, but he jumped up on my bed this morning for the first time in a long time :dunno I'm going to give it a month and see.

Hadn't heard of the green lipped mussels. Have used yucca though and it was very effective. Goldie used to get yucca twice a day until he crossed over and I never seen any side effects but it really helped him cope with a nasty bone chip he had. Years later when Minny needed it I only gave it to him for a couple weeks at a time because at that time apparenetly there were some new sources that said if you use it every day forever that it could cause some sort of issue. It never did with Goldie though and he used it for over 8 years every day. I am certain it was safer than if I had given him the NSAID's all that time. I did occassionally still use some Ecogesic but he was mostly fine with the yucca. I have heard that the yucca drops are so effective many people have been able to stop using rx NSAID's. Let us know your green mussell results when you can!

Hopefully will see some results soon. :) Trying not to get too excited though.

If I remember right, this is the ingredient that Glycoflex claims is the main ingredient that makes their products worth using.

MY friend with a GSD swears by it for his dog that has had hip dysplasia his whole life and is now getting arthritic.

I have used it for FedX for his arthritic toe and now UPS for her arthritic toe and spine issues. It seems to help a little, Not sure it is much better than just regular glucosamine and chondroitin. They do love the soft chews though! it is thier early morning treat :)

snakes - I searched Glycoflex just briefly - do you have a link for what you give?

Proudly owned by:

• 2 months later...

I realize I have not updated this thread since August. We've been giving GLM since the first week of September.

Wanted to mention, Ryder's limp and any stiffness is gone!!!

He did get a case of it last weekend after we did a long hike, although I can't understand how he got it since we were on flat pack. But it did eventually subside, and subsided much quicker than usual. Kasey also had a minor limp last month that also went away in 24 hours. So far I have nothing but good things to say about it.

Edited by XTRAWLD

Proudly owned by:

Has Ryder had a tick panel run? I ask only because my girl, Venus, had a slight, occasional limp. We couldn't really solve it though supplements helped. Finally did a tick panel. Though she had been negative on the SNAP test she was Lyme positive on the panel. (From NCSU if I remember correctly.) It was at an level my vet considered equivocal. We finally decided to treat. V's symptoms resolved & stayed gone plus she became more energetic. Just a thought.

• 3 months later...

I'd like to update this thread.

Ryder's limp is pretty much non existent now that I have used this consecutively for 5-6 months. Because Kasey developed acid reflux (most likely from years of prednisone) and also because we worry he may have an allergy to this stuff, we stopped giving him GLM. To be honest, I really purchased this for Ryder and I can report that he is doing fab with it. Also worth noting - if he does overstrain at a park, or have a funny step, I notice that his recovery time is greatly lessened and he no longer wakes up after resting with a limp.

Proudly owned by: