Weeeeee Got Her!

Guest SteveO

Congrats!!! She is a beauty!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Here you go: Your Girl's Greyhound Data page

Her grandsire on her mother's side is my dog's sire! Oshkosh Slammer! Slammer pups are (so I hear!) known for their good personalities and many of them smile (including mine).

She ran a TON of races, particulary given her age!

Your post made me really happy. Nice to see a dog so comfy so soon!

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Guest SteveO

Thanks again to everybody who responded with BIG WELCOMES! Grace is as wonderful as her name implies.

We've seen some early progress already. She learned stairs in 3 attempts with the foot and leg assists from us. Knows her squeaky stuffie is exciting, is eating well and actually showed me some tail wagging at the bowl getting filled. Sleeps well at night ( and anytime for that matter) and is ready to go out when she needs to and ready to come back in when she's ready. Had a yakking episode this am at 230-300 from munching on some grass during her Sunday evening outing. I'll get the camera going asap. During one walk Sunday she accidentally slipped out of her shell and cut loose across the yard for 3 strides. Then she caught herself having fun and nipped it. I believe she'll emerge with a nice range of emotions soon as the preview of joy, patience, affection, remorse for yakking, and tolerance for 'rookies and noobies' abounds.

Thanks also for the data page....I had just logged in and got the same. Looks like she enjoyed her racing career with plenty of wins and placements. Nice to have the pedigree, too.

Steve

You can tell she feels right at home. Wishing all of you many happy years together.

By the way.....those ears are the BEST! :wub:

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)