Cut Artery

Wednesday nights I play in a golf league. Last Wednesday I played the first six holes really well, fell apart for no good reason on the last three (was unsettled and very unfocused). Had planned on hanging out after for a few beers and dinner but after the way I blew my score I had no interest and headed home early. Well, I came home to a huge blood bath in my house. Blood was everywhere, the floors were covered, the dog bed soaked and both beds were a complete mess. Keeva came out right away but I had to get Bella who was gushing blood from her foot. I wrapped it up tightly and called the vet. Don't ask me how this happened but somehow Bella cut her foot and hit an artery, she needed stitches to close it. She is doing fine, wearing a muzzle to keep her from bothering the wound which is on the bottom of her foot, below the top pad. What a mess, I am still cleaning up blood, had Stanley Steemer to do the carpets (got most of the blood but the big spots are still discolored). I had to throw out three dog beds, quilts, comforters and bedding, I think I will also need new sneakers. The worst of the mess was where she threw up blood as I am sure she was licking, licking and licking, it seemed like buckets. Anyway everything is replaceable, she is fine and I am thankful for the divine intervention of playing bad golf which brought me home in time to take care of her before it was too late.

Linda, Keeva and Bella

Guest zoolaine

Wow, you must have freaked out when you came in to see all the blood! Glad you went home when you did. Hugs to Bella

Dusty severed an artery and tore a tendon when he got his toe caught on the leg of the dining room chair while chasing our other grey. Fortunately we were home at the time and heard a yelp. I can just imagine how much blood you came home to considering the amount in just the few seconds it took us to get to Dusty. He spent the whole summer in a splint and healed up perfectly.

Wishing Bella a quick, easy recovery.

Holy petunias. So glad you had a bad golf day! Quick healing to your best girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest meggera

Wow, what a blessing in disguise your bad game of golf was! I'm so happy for you and Bella that you were able to be there in time to take care of her. Vanille and I are sending her best healing wishes!

How scary! Thank goodness you decided not to stick around to have that drink. She could have very easily bled out before you got home if circumstances had been different and you'd been playing better. Sending your girl lots of healing wishes.

Unfortunatly for your Game but fortunatly for Bella. So glad you found her in Time.

Is she doing ok today ?? :huh

Bella is coming around lots of sleeping which is not so normal for her. She is eating and drinking well, we go back o the vet for a re check next week. Thanks to everyone for their good thoughts. I'm so glad we have a happy ending. I have to believe, however silly, that Bella was letting me know somehow that she needed me, I really felt unsettled on the golf course it was very strange. I do believe we are very connected to our pets and they let us know when they are in distress.

Linda, Keeva and Bella

I kinow that had to have been scary. I hope she has a quick recovery....

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest TexasGreytMom

So glad your girl is on the mend! That is so very scary to see that amount of blood. Our Shelby did the same thing, but we were home and when we let her inside, she was gushing blood from her leg. Fortunately, DH was home and I was able to apply pressure while he drove to our vet clinic. Our vet repaired the cut artery (never did determine how it happened) and we just got home when it reopened and we were back at the clinic. What a rollercoaster - hugs to you and your sweet girl - such an ordeal!

Guest FullMetalFrank

Wow... Divine intervention, indeed! I am so glad to hear she is going to be OK. For the clean-up, hydrogen peroxide works to help remove blood stains. I make a concoction for carpet cleaning by mixing rubbing alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, a few drops of dish soap, water and a couple of tablespoons of lemon scented ammonia in a spray bottle. (I know, it sound like a chemistry experiment but it does work. I don't know my exact ratios, I really need to write the recipe down!)

Edited by FullMetalFrank