Carpet Clean Up

Guest dizzyLu72

Guest dizzyLu72

Jacob had an accident this evening on my new berber area rug.. What is your best advice for cleaning up doggy diarrhea? Sorry for the graphic nature of the post.. just trying to find the best technique/cleaning solution for this situation.

;)

If you have a carpet cleaner, use that to get what you can up and out of it after you have done the first scrape/clean.

Then I use a healthy dose of resolve carpet or woolite pet carpet spray stuff and use that then go over it with the carpet cleaner again.

Ryan got very sick on our cream carpet in his last week and you can't even tell. That took lots of cleaning and recleaning and cleaning again though.

Guest sheila

the best product I have used is called Capture. I used the powdered formula where you sprinkle it on a wet stain and work it in and let it sit until dry and vacuum it up. This worked on a week old pee stain (damn teenager just tossed a paper towel over it while I was on vacation), it worked on something I call the 'Orange Dreamsicle Cake Debacle' (it's a long story ;) ) and also worked when I came home to not one but SIX episodes of the big D on my beige carpet.

I really like nature's miracle, but I haven't tried it on poop stains, just pee and vomit stains. Gets it out along with all the odor perfectly!

• 1 month later...
Guest Diana

OxyClean is great! Just follow the directions on how to mix the powder with water. It works really well! Just cleans the spot so well the rest of the carpet looks dirty! lol

Oxy Clean and Simple Solutions is wonderful!

Siggy1.jpg

Flying Racine 7/25/08 and Twelve Pack 12/1/2004
At the Bridge- Abenacki Icebox (Kiaba) 4/21/2002-4/1/10 and Wumps Niece (Tehya) 4/21/2002-11/26/2010
www.greyhoundwelfare.org

Guest betheab199

the best product I have used is called Capture. I used the powdered formula where you sprinkle it on a wet stain and work it in and let it sit until dry and vacuum it up. This worked on a week old pee stain (damn teenager just tossed a paper towel over it while I was on vacation), it worked on something I call the 'Orange Dreamsicle Cake Debacle' (it's a long story ;) ) and also worked when I came home to not one but SIX episodes of the big D on my beige carpet.

What is it with teens and paper towels? Their version of clean-up. I feel your pain!

I have been known to call in professionals for diarrhea. When I was fostering, I was a frequent customer!

Winning Colors I believe that's the name...takes out any stain imaginable. It has a US spelling so I imagine you can get it in the US.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross