Finally!

Mike just called from Costco and they finally have Nature's Domain! He said they have the Salmon and Sweet Potato so we're going to try it out with Gee and see how it goes. It's quite a bit cheaper than Taste Of The Wild which is what she's eating now.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

My gang love it! It smells crazy but they even love it as a treat too. I have been using the kibble for training treats for a while. :)

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Guest KennelMom

Our Costco finally got it in a couple weeks ago...we like to keep kibble in hand for fosters and the occasional boarder, plus as a treat for our pups so this is our "on hand" food. Hope it works out for Gee!

Guest mountain4greys

The Costco that I usually go to doesn't carry it yet, but we do have a Costco that's a little closer that does. When I get up there, I'm going to pick some up to try.

Let us know how it goes!smile.gif

Not all the Costcos out here have the Nature's Domain..But they do have a grain-free dog food called Pelican Bay, I believe that is the name. I have gotten that for my girls and they love it. so if you want to try grain-free but you can't find Nature's Domain, you may want to give that one a try. It is around $28 for 30 lbs.

Pelican Bay Salmon Meal with Garden Vegetables

Dry Dog Food

Estimated Dry Matter Nutrient Content

Protein = 27% | Fat = 17% | Carbs = 49%

Ingredients: Salmon meal (preserved with mixed tocopherols), peas, potato, salmon, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), flaxseed, natural flavor, sweet potato, dicalcium phosphate, canola oil, potassium chloride, salt, tomato pomace, cranberries, blueberries, choline chloride, minerals (zinc proteinate, iron proteinate, copper proteinate, manganese proteinate, cobalt proteinate, selenium yeast), yeast culture (Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Enterococcus faecium, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Aspergillus niger, Bacillus subtillis), taurine, chicory extract, vitamins (vitamin A acetate, vitamin D3 supplement, vitamin E supplement, niacin, d-calcium pantothenate, thiamine mononitrate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, riboflavin supplement, folic acid, biotin, vitamin B12 supplement), Yucca schidigera extract, calcium iodate, rosemary extract

Fiber (estimated dry matter content) = 4.4%

We are pleased to note that, unlike many fish meals, this particular item appears1 to be ethoxyquin-free.

Greg

newsig1127ab_zps4af4600d.jpg
Isis, Always in my Heart Bijou, My Sweetest Angel

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sweetee

I hope you don't mind me jumping on this thread. Our girls have been getting a 50/50 mixture of Kirkland (Lamb & Veg.) and Natures Domain (Salmon & Sweet Potatoe). Since they have always had loose stools, we've just accepted that. Do you think the Kirkland or the Natures Domain may be contributing to a "very loose" current condition? Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome.

Guest KennelMom

I hope you don't mind me jumping on this thread. Our girls have been getting a 50/50 mixture of Kirkland (Lamb & Veg.) and Natures Domain (Salmon & Sweet Potatoe). Since they have always had loose stools, we've just accepted that. Do you think the Kirkland or the Natures Domain may be contributing to a "very loose" current condition? Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome.

Dogs shouldn't have chronically loose stool. that would indicate a problem, either medically or the food is not agreeing with the dog's system. Not sure why you're doing a blend, but I'd go with one or the other for a while and see if that helps.

Judy....how's Gee doing on the ND? It's the only thing we can get Stella to eat at the moment and she has loose poop...I don't know if its the food or all the other medical/meds stuff she has going on.

Dogs shouldn't have chronically loose stool. that would indicate a problem, either medically or the food is not agreeing with the dog's system. Not sure why you're doing a blend, but I'd go with one or the other for a while and see if that helps.

Judy....how's Gee doing on the ND? It's the only thing we can get Stella to eat at the moment and she has loose poop...I don't know if its the food or all the other medical/meds stuff she has going on.

Heather,

I don't know if your having trouble getting enough calories into Stella, but a food you might consider adding along with the ND is Iam's Maximum Calorie. There are more calories in it then the ND. Iams Maximum Calorie has 333 calories in a 6oz can vs 568 in a 12.7 oz can of ND.

http://www.petfooddirect.com/product/7794/Iams-Veterinary-Formula-Maximum-Calorie-Canned-Food-For-Dogs-and-Cats?utm_source=shopzilla&utm_medium=cse

Also it's something you may have already experienced with Stella, but when Anna was trying to get Ozzy to eat, he would eat freshly cooked ground beef, but didn't want it if it was rewarmed.

Guest tinams8

I switched Lucy from something else (I can't believe I forget what... I think it was Kirkland) to Nature's Domain and it definitely firmed up her stools. Is there a reason you are mixing? I'd try one or the other and see if it helps. It's a lot easier, too.

I do the same, Opie was on the Kirkland Lamb and Rice, and I bought the ND Salmon, and mix it in 50/50. The reason I do this was he seemed to be losing interest in eating the Lamb and Rice. Well, ever since I did this, not only is he eating better but his poops are bouncy and firm. They had been pretty good, but sometimes were loose. DH (who does most of the walks) says his poops have never looked so good! :eek So we are going to stay on this mixture.

Mom to Toley (Astascocita Toley) DOB 1/12/09, and Bridge Angel Opie (Wine Sips Away) 3/14/03-12/29/12

Sorry in taking so long to respond Heather, I forgot about this thread. :lol

Right now Gee is on half TOTW and half Natures Domain. When Mike found it we had just bought a bag of TOTW so we're mixing half and half right now. She's doing great on it! She likes the taste and has nice firm stools. I think once the TOTW is gone we'll keep her on it as long as she does well. Since her dental and tooth extraction, she's been eating really well so I think she'll do fine on the Natures Domain.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee