Our "gotcha" Picked Us

Guest carhound

Guest carhound

99af3412.jpg

d2bf1f4f.jpg

Her racing/kennel name is Ya Ya Ya, it was a tough choice to only take home one.

She's a beautiful, sweet, and social girl. Only two years old, born in TX and was rostered for only a week at Victoryland in Alabama, then brought all the way up to Wisconsin with Greyhounds Only. Even though she never raced she was beating the pants off the retired racers in the free run pen.

We are going to rename her 'Dutchess Camellia Shafteau', camshaft/cammi for short.

I lurk on the Greyhounds Only website regularly and saw your new baby's picture and bio. She is a beautiful girl. I'm sure you will enjoy her. Congratulations.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

Guest tinams8

From the shortest racing name to the longest adopted name, very cute. :P

That is exactly what I thought, too! :lol

Congrats on your new little girl. She looks like a sweetheart!

Guest K9_Lady

:clap Happy Gotcha Day 'Dutchess Camellia Shafteau'! We love her!

It was nice to meet you yesterday at the kennel and congratulations again!

Wishing you many happy years together :)

Guest carhound

Congreytulations! What made her pick you out -- besides the matching hair color, of course? :)

She paid us attention! And she interacted with us, would make eye contact, gave my wife a kiss and would just stand close to us. When she was running out in the fenced in area, she would run near us (like "buzzing the tower")

Is Cammie arriving this weekend? It's really hard to wait, isn't it.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

Guest carhound

Is Cammie arriving this weekend? It's really hard to wait, isn't it.

We found out last night that she comes home today!

Wifey is beside herself with excitement. :)

Guest carhound

What a wonderful few days... well the first night was very rough because her schedule was thrown off and she was stressed in a new place.

Saturday she was like a different hound. There was a little roaching, some helicopter tail and lots of smiles! I did a little work to make her associate her crate with good things. She goes in there now of her own will! I was really afraid after the first night that she was going to have SA issues, but I think she's gonna be okay :)

Yesterday when I came home from work wifey was out in the yard with her and she was jumping around doing zoomies and was very happy to see me. She walks pretty well on a leash, we've been working on getting her to not get underfoot. I've almost stepped on her paw a few times.

Camshaft is an absolute joy, the wife and I are very much looking forward to sharing many many years with her.

Here's some more pics (in the middle of some house renovations, hence the lack of baseboard)

her first stuffy... she already killed it :blink:

73ea123e.jpg

this can't actually be comfortable?

66191c95.jpg

according to wifey this is "full smile"

95f20105.jpg

fff482f1.jpg

for those of you familiar with the internet meme "shoop da woop, imma chargin mah lazer"

9794545c.jpg

bb177e41.jpg