Shadow

Burpdog

Kbs Shadow Fox, 1/1/89 ~ 6/30/03

went to the bridge from home this afternoon. His breathing had become labored even while laying down and he was coughing up more & more blood even though he was on a very high pred dose.

I remember him running the first time in the back yard, stretching, four feet off the ground. He was so happy & pleased with himself :)

The grumpy old man ruled the house this past year with an iron paw. Then, the other side of him--he kept close to SieSie these past three days, once even sharing a pillow with her. It was like he was watching out for her. I think there was a secret love affair going on :)

The purple collar is once again retired.

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry. Shadow was loved. Remembering him with a prayer for your comfort and peace. :f_red

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

Oh no, how awful, I'm so sorry about both of your babies. I can't imagine what you're going through...just really sorry.

:f_white

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

I don't even know what to say - to lose them both at once - I know they are at peace, but I know your heart is breaking.

They were happy and loved. You did the best you could for them.

I am so, so sorry.

God bless.

Mary in Houston

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Run free sweet babes...I am so sorry.... :f_whitef_yellow

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest BleusysMom

So Sorry.......Hugs to You, Heart and Austin.....

I'm crying so much I can barely type.......

Luv to you all....

Run Free Shadow....and take care of Siesie, and all the others.....

andi, Bleu, Tess the Lab, Figlet the cat....and many friends at the Bridge - all waiting for your wisdom and joy of living and love that you have to share

Burpdog, I'm so sorry you had to let Shadow and SieSie go. I remember how proud you were at Shadow's last birthday -- proud that you had such a wonderful fellow in your household. He and SieSie were very lucky to have you.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest SkinnyLegDogLover

I am so sorry to read about SieSie and Shadow. Yet somehow it's oddly comforting to know they crossed the Bridge together. Diane, take care of yourself. :f_white

Edited by SkinnyLegDogLover

Guest mleg2001

My deepest sympathies.

Godspeed to your Romeo(Shadow) and Juliet(SieSie), running and playing and continuing their love affair on the bridge together.

My heart broke for you when I saw your posts, Diane. Shadow was a special boy and you made his life so happy. I'm so very sorry that he's gone. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Lori

My sincerest sympathies on the loss of Shadow and SieSie. I know how hard it must be for you, but you gave them a final, wonderful gift.

Godspeed Shadow and SieSie.

Nancy

th_Chancepool.jpgmissing my Angel, Chance ~ 1/23/99 - 1/24/08 (Fortified Heart)

"...for every joy that passes, something beautiful remains"

Guest grey4life

Diane, I'm so very sorry for your losses. I was so very priviledged to meet both SieSie and Shadow several times and most recently in the past month. They were both such wonderful greys and you gave them so very much love!

Sending lots of good thoughts, prayers and comfort your way.

Julie