Cut Foot, Stitches, Vet Overnight.

Guest Wasserbuffel

Guest Wasserbuffel

Jayne cut her foot on something in the yard yesterday. She had about a thumb size patch of skin that needed to be stiched back in place. It happened late in the afternoon, so she had to stay at the vet's overnight. It was so odd not having her around last night, but I commented to a friend that it really didn't make the house any quieter!

The crazy beast didn't bother screaming when she hurt herself, yet catching her foot wrong on the stairs a month or so back (no injury) is worth a GSOD. DH, who was working in the yard, didn't know anything happened until he noticed her limping. Since I was due home from work within minutes, he wrapped up the foot and settled her on the couch. When I came in and took a look at the wound, the silly dog rolled over for belly rubs, she was just so happy to have both her people doting on her. At the vet's (Thank you Dr. H for staying late to help us) she was also thrilled to be the center of attention.

Now, she's all stitched up and ready to go home. I'm relieved. I know they didn't put her completely under, but they did give her an anesthetic, which makes me nervous.

Best wishes for Jayne!!!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Guest Wasserbuffel

I just picked her up from the vet and brought her to my office for the rest of the day. She was full of energy and happy to see me at the vet's. She kept poking her nose into the hands of everyone in the room to see who had treats for her. Now she's sacked out on a blanket behind my desk.

The vet approved her going to our M&G tomorrow. She's allowed all normal activities except running. I'm glad, because she loves going to Bluffs Run for the M&Gs there. Not that she would have noticed if we didn't go.

Yeah Jayne! Glad she's OK!

If you need to keep it dry, pick up some Glad Cling-Wrap palstic wrap - the kind that you can press together and it clings to itself. Easy to put on, works long enough to go outside for potties and not hard to take off after.

The length and volume of the GSOD is directly proportional to the severity of the injury. When Dude broke his toe several years ago, not a peep! I didn't even know until I saw the limping and the blood dripping everywhere. BUT - he catches his foot in the blanket and you'd think the world was ending!!!! :rolleyes: Weirdo!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Jayne, We are sending good thoughts to you for a Super Quick Recovery! :kiss2

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter