I Am A Basket Case

My poor little girl looked so sad and scared when I left her this morning. I had a good cry and then went in to work. Her breath has been sooo bad :puke that we couldn't put it off any longer. It has only been 18 months since her last dental but her teeth are just beyond saving. She is going to lose 2 upper molars on the right side and 1 upper on the left and probably all her front bottom teeth. The poor thing can't keep her tongue in her mouth as it is, what chance will she have now? On the up side, that will provide some good ETS pics. :P She did not come out of the anesthesia well last time and I made sure to tell the vet this (new vet)so hopefully we will not have the drama like last time. Until I get the call that she is doing well I am going to be climbing the walls. Please send up a quick prayer that all goes well and she has no complications.

Everyday-4.jpg

Good thoughts sent! never had to deal with any dentals yet myself but I don't understand how everyone can leave them there. My little PITA hiney would be parked in the waiting room the entire day. :rolleyes: The Vets all love me I swaer they do.... :blink:

------

Jessica

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Ask vet to go lighter on gas, that made a big difference when polli had her 17 teeth pulled. Sending loads of prayers.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

My poor little baby had to have many more teeth pulled than originally thought. The vet was stunned at the level of decay, she said once she removed the tartar, there were pockets of pus(gross, I know). I got her home around 6:00 pm and she just wanted to sleep. After a trip outside we went to bed around 10:30. I awoke to whimpers at 2:30, I sat on the floor until she relaxed and went back to sleep. Up again at 5:15 to whimpers. Again I sat with her until she fell back asleep. She ate a little canned food last night and a little more this morning but she has yet to drink any water. My mom is staying with her while I am at work today. How long is too long for her not to drink?

Everyday-4.jpg

If she's just sleeping and she had fluids during her dental, she might not need much water yet. If need be, you could have your mom try mixing up a little canned food with some water to entice her.

Sending gentle scritchies and hopes she is back to herself in a day or two. I'm sorry she had to lose so many teeth.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

How many teeth did she loose? Did the vet send her home with anything for pain? Sallie lost 6 teeth and was sent home with a small bottle of Metacam. We didn't use it all, but I gave it to her for the first few days after, I know her mouth was sore.

How many teeth did she loose? Did the vet send her home with anything for pain? Sallie lost 6 teeth and was sent home with a small bottle of Metacam. We didn't use it all, but I gave it to her for the first few days after, I know her mouth was sore.

To be honest, I lost count, I believe it was 10 plus the 4 small ones in front. She is such a stoic little girl when it comes to pain, I have never heard a GSD from her. So to hear her whimper broke my heart.

Everyday-4.jpg

I am so glad your baby is home on her own little bed. Aquitaine had 16 teeth out last October and she was sent home with Tramadol. Maybe your vet needs to give Gypsy some pain meds. If she is normally stoic yet is whimpering, she may need them for a few days.

Sending gentle hugs.

Sara formerly on Greytalk as Mommyof3
Gone, but still part of our family and always in our hearts:
Bruiser Isa Comander To 6/23/91-11/20/03 Sandy NSK Special Up 10/19/89-6/13/04 Beau Bdk's Boo Boo 1/1/93-12/15/06 Cooney Lars Dbltakedean 11/1/93-1/23/07
Buddy 2/9/1997-11/16/09 Joe Elkhart Joe 11/7/99-12/2/10 Alex Streakin Diablo 4/17/02-4/1/11 Brother Hylife Brother 9/26/97-2/28/12

Comanche Gil's Comanche 6/7/2005-11/7/2015 Molly 4/8/2011-4/13/2018