Ben's In Surgery Right Now

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no - I missed this until now! But at least I know straight away that he's OK and healing. :)

Sorry you had to go through all the worry and stress. I know what it's like. I'm just glad it wasn't anything more serious and he's going to be alright - in fact he'll feel better without the bad teeth, once his gums heal!

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Guest HappyHarleysMom

I missed this thread too--Jan, I hope Ben is resting comfortably, and will be back to his happy self very soon.

Sending healing thoughts and prayers for Ben

:hope :hope :hope

Poor ben is having a little trouble moving around with this big cone on his head...he's hitting the wall, chairs and kitchen island. He doesn't quite get it that his head is three times as wide...poor guy has to wear for another week yet.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest jettcricket

Oh, the "Dreaded Cone of Shame"...poor boy. When Jett had surgery for his mast cell cancer, I used a cervical collar made specifically for dogs. I'm sure he wasn't thrilled with it, but it was definitely better than the lamp shade.

Healing hugs to your sweet boy....

I somehow missed this thread too! I'm glad your beautiful boy is home, and hope he continues to improve every day.

Yeah, I hate those cones, and they do too. At work, we see a lot of dogs and cats who need them after surgery. One of the dogs at the shelter is wearing this padded collar. It looks like those neck pillows for use on planes, but going all the way around. It seems to be working, and she's much more comfortable.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

How is Ben doing, Jan? He is so calm and easy going, I can't imagine he would actually need the cone - maybe just when you guys aren't there??

He needs it...we only take it off when he's using the stairs, eating or going for a walk. Yes, he will lick his stitches. I would never forgive myself if he tore his stitches out and needed more anaesthesia to replace them.

I have to admit, there are times when I laughed. He was going to lick out his bowl but the cone prevented him from reaching the bottom. that's why we take it off when he eats. And he can't quite figure out how to go upstairs with the cone on, even though it doesn't hit anything or prevent him from going up :dunno

It's cute to come home and see him and the cone waiting for me at the door...it's not so cute though when sweet Brooke gets hit in the head with the cone.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross