Taking Fuzzy To The Vet, Again

I am keeping Fuzzy muzzled today. My legs will be black and blue from him running into me and rubbing me with the muzzle.

This morning he had more discharge, so, I rinsed his penis with saline and applied some more bacitracin. The things we do for our dogs! On the positive, I think the tip looks less red and irritated this afternoon. A day or two muzzled might work out. I will feel more comfortable when the discharge stops. Dr. Newman had some trouble to expose his penis last night, so we are hoping there is nothing bad in there.

Thanks for all the good thoughts. Keep them coming. We appreciate your concern.

Edited by Houndtime

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I took a look this morning and he seems to have less discharge.

Thanks for all the good thoughts. He is not happy, but I am keeping him muzzled for a few more days.

Update for Sunday. I still have him muzzled, so he is not a happy camper. I am using the blue stuff rinse to clean him up and try and get some into the sheath. I didn't notice any pus, again, today, but there is still a little blood after he pees. I put bacitracin on the tip twice a day where there is some redness and irritation. I am going to wait until Tuesday, which will be a complete week and then call Dr. Newman again. Perhaps he might need a change in antibiotics.

Thanks again, for all the good thoughts and positive vibes being sent his way.

So to hear about Fuzzy.

Have you tried a belly band instead of a muzzle...at least while your there to be sure he doesn't take it off.

Willow( Hi Tech Popandgo ) CGC #31965 Calico Salad x MayPop 8-9-93/9-24-07 Austin( Nodak Austin ) #55202 Chrisse's Twelve x Lotsa Liz 2-25-96/2-15-05 Matt( Kelsos Metaphor ) #90695 Oswald Cobblepot x Kelso's Movita 8-10-00/2-28-14 Buddy (Aljo Class Act) #78137 Action By Design x Miss Classy 12-8-98/8-29-09 Sonny (Onaim Excalibur)#97927 Flying Train x Rough Diamond 9-7-01/1-9-2016Hunter (SS Snow Roll) #35135 Craigie Whistler x Lightning Snow 10-4-2005/9-23-17 Leo (Yolo Empleo)#72060 4-13-18 Fiesta Paraguas x Mega Bien Hecho

So to hear about Fuzzy.

Have you tried a belly band instead of a muzzle...at least while your there to be sure he doesn't take it off.

The issue with the muzzle has been, that he can still lick through it. Len suggested the belly band, but since the area is so irritated, I thought, it should be kept open. What do you think?

Edited by Houndtime

Watch which part of the muzzle he is getting his licks thru and put some duct tape (inside and out -- stick it to itself) over that part. Worked very well for Joseph when he had his surgery just forward of that area.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest LindsaySF

Do you have a stool guard on the muzzle? You can also try a Kan-Sal muzzle. I used one of those for a foster with a leg wound she wouldn't stop licking.