Hello From Oklahoma

Guest Memory

Hey everyone. My name is Leah and I'm from Oklahoma. I've browsed this place before and finally decided to sign up. My fiancé and I currently have 3 greyhounds and the occasional foster dog. We also had 2 seniors but we lost them both to cancer in July of this year. We miss our old ladies but will never regret adopting 2 seniors. There's something extra special about the seniors. When the right senior comes along, I'm sure we'll bring another home too.

Here's our current pack of greyhounds:

Scandal (Scandalous, 5 yrs) - The gorgeous blonde who thinks the world revolves around her. She totally adores my fiancé. I joke that she's the other woman.

000_1007_800x600.jpg

Radcliff (Sir Radcliff, 3 yrs) - The giant blue (92 lbs!) with the fun-loving personality of a teenage boy. He's smart and mischievous, loud and rowdy.

11165_180743548881_503028881_2923710_2621632_n.jpg

Memory (HWH Memory, 3 yrs) - The pretty-boy, big (82 lbs) and gentle blue fawn. He's my sweetheart. He loves to cuddle.

11165_179357733881_503028881_2914385_640985_n.jpg

That's it for now. Just sayin' hi. :)

:welcome2

from frosty South Dakota. The elderly Prairie Dogs (Tiny and Raven) agree that there is indeed something special about those seniors. :wub:

Your crew are gorgeous! Memory looks like a Gable pup.

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg

:welcome2

from frosty South Dakota. The elderly Prairie Dogs (Tiny and Raven) agree that there is indeed something special about those seniors. :wub:

Your crew are gorgeous! Memory looks like a Gable pup.

Thanks! What's a Gable pup? Is Gable a breeder? All 3 of them are Williams dogs. Scandal and Memory are actually half-siblings, though a couple years apart. I'm fascinated by looking at their pedigrees. It's amazing that they have records way back to the 1700's.

Jacob from Jacksonville says hello..

Memory looks like a "Bad A$$ Bag O' Muscles". wow!

Beautiful trio of hounds.

:)

Thanks! The photo of Memory was taken soon after he arrived at the kennel. He's ripped, huh? He's softened up a bit since becoming a pet.

Gable = son/grandson of the very prolific sire Gable Dodge or Dodgem by Design. Those dogs have a distinctive look, with long noses and great big Cleopatra eyes. I peeked at Memory's pedigree - he's not from that line, but he's got a bit of the look. :)

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg

Where in OK are you? My beautiful broodie, Elsie came from Cleo Springs, OK and now lives with us in NY!

Your pups are beautiful.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Well how are things in Oklahoma. Last summer we drove from Dallas to Kansas thru Oklahoma and both my wife and I loved it! It was so nice there, we actully have talked about moving there.

How do you find it???

Where in OK are you? My beautiful broodie, Elsie came from Cleo Springs, OK and now lives with us in NY!

Your pups are beautiful.

Thank you. I'm from Tulsa.

Well how are things in Oklahoma. Last summer we drove from Dallas to Kansas thru Oklahoma and both my wife and I loved it! It was so nice there, we actully have talked about moving there.

How do you find it???

What part of Oklahoma did you pass through? I haven't heard many people actually say that it's nice. Our roads are pitiful there's construction everywhere, high taxes, etc.. The weather is sporadic - Last Wednesday it was 75 degrees and by Thursday night it had dropped into the 20's. I don't think Oklahoma is anything great... but then I've never lived anywhere else.

Our roads are pitiful there's construction everywhere, high taxes, etc.. The weather is sporadic - Last Wednesday it was 75 degrees and by Thursday night it had dropped into the 20's. I don't think Oklahoma is anything great... but then I've never lived anywhere else.

What is considered high taxes in OK? I am in NY and have been in my home for 19 years. I am going to be putting my home on the market because my taxes are 18K++ a year. The house is large, but not GIGANTIC. 3200 sq feet on a 80 x 100 piece of property.

Just curious.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest KansasGrey

Love Williams farm dogs!!! Our Lisa came from there as a foster that never left. She walked in picked a dog bed and it was like she had lived in a home all her life.

Your pups are beautiful.

Thank you. I'm from Tulsa.

How do you find it???

What part of Oklahoma did you pass through? I haven't heard many people actually say that it's nice. Our roads are pitiful there's construction everywhere, high taxes, etc.. The weather is sporadic - Last Wednesday it was 75 degrees and by Thursday night it had dropped into the 20's. I don't think Oklahoma is anything great... but then I've never lived anywhere else.

We went straight up I35 from Texas to Kansas, we stayed in Oklahoma City one night, and ventured around the city. We had an amazing dinner at 'Cattlemens Steak house' and was by far the best steak I have ever eaten. I did notice it was a bit more sceanic in the southern part of the state. I also would like to be around the College Football.

Another welcome from Kansas! I had a pleasure of meeting HWH Memory last February when three of us greyhound addicts from the Wichita area journeyed to Teddy's kennel. The purpose of our trip was to take a "failed foster" back to her for vetting. Of course, we met all the resident dogs and got generously "sanded" in the turnout pen, something sadly missed since the Wichita track closed in late 2007. Memory was one of the residents, and if I recall correctly, was rather shy at the time.

Since then, I've personally failed fostering with one of Teddy's dogs, so a chance to see her and the current crop of kennel critters may be just over the horizon! Your name sounds familiar...perhaps we've crossed paths at Abilene, or maybe the recognition comes from your association with Teddy, who I've known for over a decade.

In any event, hugs for that downright handsome fellow, OK? And the others, too!

Annie Lambert

Benton, Kansas