Ouch, Ouch, Ouch

This morning Karma was out in the yard and coming barreling towards the deck, per usual taking all 6 steps in one jump, and she hit her leg on the top step, ouch.

DSC_0004.jpg

I was going to fix it up myself, but decided we are going to see the vet, the cut is deeper than I thought initially......poor baby, this has got to hurt.....

Update:

She is back home, all stitched up and wrapped, we also had a small growth removed from her back leg, while she was under, she seems fine though.

Edited by ivon

spud_karma_sig.jpgmed_gallery_2551_3357_5098.jpg

Ivon, Spud, Karma & Sasha

Missing Darla (05-22-96 03-01-2010)

Guest mirthlesstroll

Ouchie! Poor baby feel better soon. (Make sure you whine reeeeeeally pitifully to get extra cookies!)

Edited by mirthlesstroll

OW! Best luck at the vet, and sending along some scritchies to promote quick healing.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Poor baby! At least it happened on a Friday and you don't have to use the e-vet!

That's what I said, when I left her at the vets! They need to wait til noon since she had breakfast before this happened, then they will put her under and stitch it up. It's in a bad spot too, where it just keeps stretching and opens wider every time she moves, thing is, she will be nine years old in 4 days, but just a bundle of energy, flinging herself up the stairs at 20 mph :eek

spud_karma_sig.jpgmed_gallery_2551_3357_5098.jpg

Ivon, Spud, Karma & Sasha

Missing Darla (05-22-96 03-01-2010)

Git yerself some manuka honey for once the stitches come out. :)Many kisses for Karma.

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest ChasesMum

oh Karma! that is a ooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwchie! :o:o (I would have taken mine in too.)

lots of scritches!

Sam did the same sort of thing on the spiral stairs in my condo:

2772756076_21cdef2ec2.jpg

The photo was taken about 22 hours after the injury. The original cut was not large, as you can see, but it went all the way to the bone. I had just removed the vet wrap the ER put on (yeah, Sam did it at 9pm on a Saturday; fortunately, he hadn't eaten yet, and they stapled him right away). You can see how the foot had swollen up below the vet wrap. Sam was happy to rest his foot on a cold gel-pack from my freezer.

The next day, it looked like this:

2777395442_f1e9821cdc.jpg

Sam was an excellent patient--never messed with the staples--until time to have his staples removed. At that point, he turned all wussy, Don't touch my foot! and let out his best GSOD when the tech touched him. But two cookies from the tech settled all hard feelings.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Awww, Karma, you silly pup. Please be more careful in the future so your momma' doesn't have to have a heart attack. Feel better girlie. :kiss2

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest Fasave

I just showed these pictures to Thunder :lol :lol :lol. I'm sure it won't make a bit of difference but the way he flies up my deck stairs, I have a feeling an injury is in his future. I should really say, a second injury because he already broke a canine falling DOWN the deck stairs.

Karma I hope you feel better soon and slow down sweetie! :kiss2