I Gave Fuzzy My Medication By Mistake

I wanted to give the Fuzz man his antacid and give him my .025 synthroid by mistake. Should I do anything? Watch for anything? Geez, I am stupid. They don't even look the same. One bottle is large, one is little. I was just day dreaming.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest Energy11

I wouldn't worry. That is a fairly low dose, and as mentioned here already, MANY greys get Synthroid. This little bit should be no problem.

I have almost done that a few times, with Curfew's meds. I have to keep his on top of the frig, and Dh's on the counter.

Sending lots of hugs!

Guest MnMDogs

I mistakenly gave Macy May one of Mork's 0.6mg of levothyroxine. I honestly didn't think twice about it; my vet confirmed that it's not a big deal when I asked her the next time we were in.

I called the kennel and Lisa said that one pill of such a low dose shouldn't hurt him. I was going to call the U of P ER and ask the question, but wrote to Dr. Reisner, who was John E's doctor. She is away at a seminar, but answered my email (I love that woman). She basically said the same thing, but if I were concerned to let my vet know tomorrow.

Thank you for responding. We are away on vacation for the weekend, so I have all the medicines (dog and human) on one large plastic case. Therefore, my mind was wandering and I gave him from the wrong bottle.

Guest ctgreylover

my boss took her dog's Lyme medication instead of hers for several days. she's a tiny woman and hes a big St Bernard. Everyone was ok and I am glad all of you are ok!

Glad he's okay. If it makes you feel any better, I had to call my pharmacist after taking one of Patrick's soloxine (apparently also not harmful, at least when combined with what I was taking at the time).

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to answer. It was also comforting to read that I was not the only one to have given the wrong medication by mistake.

Fuzzy seems, today, to be fine and suffered no ill affects from my error.

Because Pearl was on so many heart and BP meds and some high doses, and the others took different meds, I went out and got one of those daily pill containers and every Sunday, I put every one's meds in their respective containers.

It just got too difficult to have to remember each morning and each evening who got what.

It's a little easier now, with Pearl gone, but I still have meds for each and still use the pill dispenser.

I only have one dog w/5 meds to manage so I went out too and got a weekly pill keeper. If the day is empty, I gave the meds and if it's not...oops! I also have a write on/wipe off calendar on the fridge to mark off. She gets four pills one day and five pills every three days so the calendar helps me keep track of what to put in the pill box.

Angie, Pewter, and Storm-puppy

Forever missing Misty-Mousie (9/9/99 - 10/5/15)
Fort Wayne, Indiana