Blue Buffalo Or Kirkland?

Guest ChasesMum

Guest ChasesMum

I am thinking of changing foods for Chase. i looked at the grade list, both have an A+ rating...and both are fairly easy to get to places. the one feed store is a pita to get to and one of a few reasons we moved away from canidae a few years back. her food needs to be corn free.

any opinions out there?

We feed Kirkland here. The price is right, it's a good food and the pups like it. I used to feed Kirkland Lamb & Rice Supreme/w veggies but as of late I've put my pups on a combination of the Lamb and Rice and Kirklands Senior dog food and that's worked out really well.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

We have 2 of our hounds on Kirkland foods. Freddie is getting the mature dog formula since he is 9 and a half. And Fast the hound we adopted in May was on the Chicken and Rice formula when we got him. We tried him on what Angel my other hounds eats. And it didn't work so well. So we put him back on the Kirkland food and he's been fine. Eventually I would like to get Angel on the Kirkland food too.

Sarah, mom to Stella and Winston . And to Prince, Katie Z, Malone, Brooke, Freddie, Angel and Fast who are all waiting at the Bridge!

www.gpawisconsin.org

Guest ChasesMum

bought more kirkland. no senior to had tho so lamb/rice and veg as per usual. i wanted to pitch the end of the bag so keeping her on the same food made sense.

thx!

bought more kirkland. no senior to had tho so lamb/rice and veg as per usual. i wanted to pitch the end of the bag so keeping her on the same food made sense.

thx!

My newest adoptee, Macy is eating the Salmon and Sweet Potatoe Grain Free food (Natural something) from Costco. Its great, she loves it and her coat is shiny. Its $29 a bag, compared to $48 or $50 for Blue Buffalo. I am slowing transitioning my whippet over to it also. My hounds didn't do well on the Lamb or Chicken and Rice Costco formulas. Each hound is different and each tolerates it differently sometimes.

Guest ChasesMum

My newest adoptee, Macy is eating the Salmon and Sweet Potatoe Grain Free food (Natural something) from Costco. Its great, she loves it and her coat is shiny. Its $29 a bag, compared to $48 or $50 for Blue Buffalo. I am slowing transitioning my whippet over to it also. My hounds didn't do well on the Lamb or Chicken and Rice Costco formulas. Each hound is different and each tolerates it differently sometimes.

ok our costco's in canada suck then... we have pretty limited food choice! I should check if I can get the senior food online. or maybe a friend driving from the US could get me some! lol

hmm not available online either. but I found this... pretty! elevated feeder set

Edited by ChasesMum

Guest ChasesMum

she always did well on kirkland until her ehrlichiosis diagnosis, I really think its the antibiotics and steroids causing the majority of her issues. poor babe. i like the price, and I like that one bag lasts a good couple months so I can limit my costco shopping trips. I seem to spend a lot when I do go. :blush

but adding in white rice hasnt seemed to make much of a help, so I need to get some pumpkin and see if that helps, and try harder to get the acidophilus into her. she did well poos-wise when she was on all beef and rice, but i don't want to keep her on that longterm as it seems to nutrient poor...I'd need to get some vitamin supplement or something,

Hey, ChasesMum... that bowl that you like? You can buy it from Ren's in Aberfoyle, ON. I saw them there with my very own eyes! They will ship their stuff and they have online shopping (although I've never explored it). They are at www.renspets.com.

SummerGreytalkSignatureResized-1.jpg

Lisa B.

My beautiful Summer - to her forever home May 1, 2010 Summer

Certified therapy dog team with St. John Ambulance

Guest Lmw626

I feed Blue Buffalo Wilderness Salmon and it seems to do better than any other food for my dog. He's also been on Avoderm and Evo both with various issues. I also use the Blue Buffalo health bars as treats and he loves them!

I have switched my girls over to Nature's Domain, the grain-free food at Costco. The only trouble is that right now only a couple of the Costcos in the Phoenix are carrying it. And select Costcos around the country are carrying it. I sent an email to the folks making it for Costco and found out it is in the test marketing phase. If everyone "hounds" their local Costco and they get enough feedback they may start carrying it at all of their stores.

I was feeding the Kirkland Lamb and Rice, but after the switchover, they are eating less food and the "output" has been better. My Ellie was always a Wendy's frosty output girl. But now a lot firmer and since they don't seem to eat as much, poop patrol is a lot shorter and cleaner. :lol

newsig1127ab_zps4af4600d.jpg
Isis, Always in my Heart Bijou, My Sweetest Angel

Guest littlesyd85

I was using Blue Buffalo and recently changed to Kirklands. I made this switch strictly on price. I made the decision after I added a third hound to my pack, the Blue was just costing me too much. My hounds did well on both. I will say that their stool is a bit more firm on the Kirklands however.

Kirkland Lamb & Veggies for the two Cs, here. The chicken version caused the paint on the walls to melt off and pudding poo. No gas w/the lamb (now that they are used to it) and I can't beat the price and quality. Costco's in LA are not yet carrying the grain-free version :blink: , but if they were I'd give that a try for sure.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Does anyone know if Diamond is still making Kirkland? I know they were a few years ago but am pretty sure these are new versions of Kirkland so am wondering if this is the same supplier?

I recently sent off a note tn the Nature's Domain folks and the person that replied was from Diamond, so I'm fairly certain they are the manufacturer. I've requested a report on the origin of the ingredients used in Nature's Domain and will post that when I get it.

We just recently switched to the Kirklands Lamb and Rice from Blue Buffalo because of the price. I was in the hospital and now I am on disability had to cut on the expenses. I had heard Great reviews so we thought we would try it, Pongo has had some gas that would peel the paint off the wall but the other 3 are doing well with it! :colgate

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter