A Sigh Of Relief

The end of January I failed fostering with Teddy's group when Gabby waltzed into my life, complete with her own music! She's a champion rooer and talks to me all the time. :wub: Week before last she started limping some and I got more and more worried. She would limp quite a lot after she first got up, then seemed to work the kinks out and would be fine. She just turned four in April, so I was hoping it wasn't the dreaded C. I took her to my vet today and he did a thorough exam, pressing on all her bones in her legs and checking her range of motion. Not a peep out of her. Then he wanted to take her out to the parking lot to see how she walked there. Of course I had to tell him what to do if she started to back out of her leash. :rolleyes: I had him do x-rays of her front legs from shoulders to toes, and he did her neck too. We scrutinized the x-rays together with him showing me what all he was looking for. He couldn't find anything, not even any hints of arthritis. I'm feeling a lot better tonight. But, I'll keep a close eye on her. I lost one of my older greys to osteo and she started out limping too. Nothing ever showed up on her x-rays until it was too late. I just love my GabGabs and am glad she's ok for now.

IMG_2529.jpg

tivvy-gigi-heaven-gabby-2.jpg

Waiting at the bridge: Blaze, Rodney, Lady, Spice, Sarahlee, Callie and Baby

Not all arthritis shows on an xray, so if it has to be anything, let it be no worse that that.

She's beautiful wub.gif

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

She's a beauty! I know how relieved you must be. Hope Gabs says sound and healthy for a long, long time.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest KansasGrey

Glad to hear the good news. I was thinking about you and wondering about the vet visit. Gabby was named by my DH when I picked her up from the farm. She was quite the rooer during the short time she was here.

Yes, she's a blue brindle. I did check for corns and couldn't find any. I've had a greyhound that had corns and she had a really hard time getting around. I'll keep checking her feet in case the corns are in their beginning stage though.

I just loved the name Dean gave this girl. Just couldn't think of anything else that fit her better. :)

tivvy-gigi-heaven-gabby-2.jpg

Waiting at the bridge: Blaze, Rodney, Lady, Spice, Sarahlee, Callie and Baby