Thank You Petzlife Spray

I have been using Petzlife Oral Care Spray this past week, just spraying their teeth at night. Albi was sleeping on my bed this morning and I decided to look at his tartar, I touched the back molar and it popped off just with my nail. I did the other side and that popped off too, in two pieces.

I had some of the gel but they are such a pain about me brushing I decided to use the spray. Albi's teeth were the least bad but that tartar is like a thin rock. Here is his tartar! :colgate

2856119440038196329S425x425Q85.jpg

I will check Ruby (who has the most horrible build up), Ramm and Kassie in a few days. I hope I have the same great results.

I purchased from ebay

Edited by NancyB

Nancy with Rocket, Umeko and Sasha

gallery_151_3099_2018.jpg

Missing Albi, Kassie, Ramm, Ruby, my good boy Marvin and Mickey (BT)

NANCY B'S COLLARS

Guest KennelMom

I remember the first time I saw someone fleck buildup off a greyhounds teeth with their nail. I was like :blink: I've never needed spray to do it when it's that built up though.

Guest BooBooMama

BooBoo had the most beautiful teeth after I started brushing with PetzLife gel! Even Houdini's horrible tartar build-up came off with the spray.

I just found the 8 oz. refill on Amazon for $39.99. I ordered it.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Guest Sweetreba

I just bought it when I read the comments on another forum. I have not been consistent and now I will be. I just apply the gel with my fingers. I also have the spray. My female has a fit when I put it on her and takes off, my male is good and he is the one who really needs it cause he will not chew anything. She is a gnawer. After reading these comments I will be more dilligent.

I also use the gel but IMHO, it's a pain in the rear. Roscoe's teeth are gross and I brush with the gel probably every other day, but apply the gel with my finger every night. I don't really see much, if any, improvement after 30 days.. yet I have not tried to use my nails to scrape off the tartar. Roscoe is such a booger about brushing I don't feel like I get to do a good job. I'm almost out of the gel and I'm going to buy the spray next. I'm trying to find a darned tooth scaler so I can do some work on his teeth. I'm still optimistic though!

GTsiggy_zps0481d543.jpg

Lisa with Finnegan (Nina's Fire Fly) and Sage (Gil's Selma). Always missing Roscoe
www.popdogdesigns.net pop art prints, custom portraits and collars

Guest mcsheltie

I put the gel on with my finger too. I don't brush. And have had good results. Cher can't have dentals and Petzlife fixed her right up!

Thank you! I just ordered one for Sherri.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Awesome! I need to be more diligent with using our Vetzlife gel. It certainly helps their breath right away!

DevilDog, I googled "dental tooth scaler" and came up with a bunch of results: Google results I just ordered the double end dog dental tooth scaler with sleeve from Amazon, along with some petzlife spray and a new toy for the pups (so I could get my super saver shipping!). I know scaling is something that has to be done very carefully, so, be sure to be careful!

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest FullMetalFrank

We just got a new bottle of the spray. I was quite skeptical that it could help but after using it (and I am not all that diligent with it) I did notice that it loosens tartar and also slows tartar buildup between brushings. That is key with Frank who is a tartar factory! I do follow a regular brushing program and feed a partial raw diet but this stuff helps pick up the slack. Just the other day I was brushing and then taking a peek around in Frankie's mouth and much to my surprise I found a sizeable chunk of tartar hiding on one of his lower canines. I just popped it off with my thumbnail and then went ahead and scaled away any residue that was under the gum. Absolutely beautiful! My dogs are so patient with me...They don't mind the spray a bit and I like the smell (it's tasty, too, don't ask how I know that! :lol )

I just found the 8 oz. refill on Amazon for $39.99. I ordered it.

Me too! I'm tired of reading how wonderful it is and not having it to use on my guys! I wonder if they wonder why sales haev picked up suddenly?smile.gif

I just placed an order from Petzlife for the spray and gel. I'm not very diligent about brushing, so maybe this will get me off my butt! It would be great if I could avoid having dentals done on my girls.

tivvy-gigi-heaven-gabby-2.jpg

Waiting at the bridge: Blaze, Rodney, Lady, Spice, Sarahlee, Callie and Baby

Guest Bang_o_rama

We have just started with Petzlife (in our case the gel) and it seems to have really improved Bang's dogbreath in short order, so it must be doing something good.

As soon as Bang sees the bottle, she tucks her tail, skulks away and "hides," usually on our bed, with a sad look on her face. Doesn't work, though; we persist, and 65 lbs of greyhound is not hard to find. We also use our fingers to spread the gel... which every time, as my fingers are working away between those jaws, back where the leverage is most crushing, makes me VERY VERY glad that Bang is such a docile and gentle hound.

~D~

Several years ago, when we owned GreyhoundMagnets.com, we sold PetzLife spray and gel for cleaning dogs' teeth. Recently, I heard about "PLAQUE ATTACK", one of those "as sold on TV" products.

I checked into it and wrote to the owners of PetzLife. They confirmed my suspicions . . . Plaque Attack is the exact same product, just renamed, repackaged and marketed on TV.

You may find these products less expensive ($19.95 for a 3-month supply) than the PetzLife products at Petsmart, etc.

http://www.asseenontvvideo.com/512137/Plaque-Attack-Pet-Dental-Spray.html

also

http://www.getPlaqueAttack.com

Edited by AndysMom

Mom to Palm City Roxie ("Roxie"). Remembering Heizer Jordan ("Jordan"), DB's PickedtoWin ("Andy"), CB Ectasy ("Ecstasy"), Oshkosh Unafraid ("Tribute"), Arathorn, WV's Imperial ("Abby") and her brother WV's Institute ("Mojo") and KB's Gameboy ("Game Boy"), who've all gone to the Bridge. Working with Austin Greyhound Adoption <austingreyhounds.org>.

We love the Petzlife! I use the gel w/ a soft toothbrush. It took all the tarter off of Maddy's teeth and made a big dent in Rocky's. Even Molly, who has horrid teeth, has had a big improvement.

We recommend it to all of our adopters, and hear nothing but positive results.

When we do M&G's at one of the pet stores here that sells it they usually end up selling out we promote it so much.

sig%20march%2015_zpsgicdhakq.jpg
Wingnut (DC Wingnut), Voo Doo (Voo Doo von Bonz), Barb (Myokie Barb) & Romey (Nose Stradamus)
at the bridge Molly (CM Blondie) 9/8/14, Maddy (Reuniting) 10/17/13, Rocky (Ranco Popeye) 1/7/12, Mimi (Flying Ringneck) 8/13/09 and RJ (RJ What For) 5/3/05

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Honeysmom

A week of the spray for Otis and still nothing. His breath seems to have improved a bit though. I'm hoping the tartar will peel off like it did for Nancy's grey.