Thank You Petzlife Spray

• 4 weeks later...

I'm just starting to try the gel. For those of you that had good results with it, did you manage to get 1/2 - 1 teaspoon into their mouths, really? I just measured it out, then used a toothbrush to scoop it up and work it onto their teeth (though they're accustomed to toothbrushing, they didn't like this much! :lol ), but it's goopy and soft. I had a hard time getting nearly that much going.

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

I'd tried the gel on occasion before, but after the raves here I have started using the spray daily for several weeks, once or twice per day, in addition to my daily brushing of Beth's teeth and feeding raw bones. I'm impressed! She never had much tartar but her back teeth were getting a little dingy on the side of her mouth where she has a malocclusion and doesn't really chew . . . they look cleaner and whiter now!

But she definitely doesn't like the stuff -- not hard to spray it in, but then she sulks away and flops down on her bed looking peeved.

When I use the gel, I put some on a toothbrush. The spray is definitely easier -- just lift a lip and aim!

Edited by PrairieProf

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

Guest eaglflyt

I'm just starting to try the gel. For those of you that had good results with it, did you manage to get 1/2 - 1 teaspoon into their mouths, really? I just measured it out, then used a toothbrush to scoop it up and work it onto their teeth (though they're accustomed to toothbrushing, they didn't like this much! :lol ), but it's goopy and soft. I had a hard time getting nearly that much going.

I just redip the toothbrush in the teaspoon of gel each time I move to a different area of the mouth. I have always used up the teaspoon of gel by the time I get all her teeth brushed. Just keep redipping! ;)

Good stuff.

Brilly, at age 8, with daily toothbrushing since age 2, has already lost his little lower incisors, and it's a pretty good bet the top ones will be going next, as the gums are very receded. :( Wabi is so compromised, and already went into arrest under anaesthesia once, I really don't want to put her under if I don't have to. Pogo's teeth are kind of jumbled because of his facial deformities, so there's some tight, hard to clean areas in his mouth, too. I've tried various other products in addition to daily brushing, with no results at all. I'm hoping hard for this stuff!

How does the refill come? Is it just not in a squeeze bottle or something?

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Guest eaglflyt

Good stuff.

Brilly, at age 8, with daily toothbrushing since age 2, has already lost his little lower incisors, and it's a pretty good bet the top ones will be going next, as the gums are very receded. :( Wabi is so compromised, and already went into arrest under anaesthesia once, I really don't want to put her under if I don't have to. Pogo's teeth are kind of jumbled because of his facial deformities, so there's some tight, hard to clean areas in his mouth, too. I've tried various other products in addition to daily brushing, with no results at all. I'm hoping hard for this stuff!

How does the refill come? Is it just not in a squeeze bottle or something?

I'm not sure why they call it a *refill*. It does come in a larger size squeeze bottle, at least it has when we ordered it.

Edited by eaglflyt

Guest Energy11

I get the larger size, because I use it DAILY on two, and every other day on the other three. I don't use it on a toothbrush, but on cosmetic puffs. This way, I can scrub into the gumline without hurting the gums, and I can get it way in the back, as well.

I SWEAR by this stuff! colgate.gif

Several years ago, when we owned GreyhoundMagnets.com, we sold PetzLife spray and gel for cleaning dogs' teeth. Recently, I heard about "PLAQUE ATTACK", one of those "as sold on TV" products.

I checked into it and wrote to the owners of PetzLife. They confirmed my suspicions . . . Plaque Attack is the exact same product, just renamed, repackaged and marketed on TV.

You may find these products less expensive ($19.95 for a 3-month supply) than the PetzLife products at Petsmart, etc.

http://www.asseenontvvideo.com/512137/Plaque-Attack-Pet-Dental-Spray.html

also

http://www.getPlaqueAttack.com

Thank You! Have you used the product and got the same results? With 4 greys this would really save some money.

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

I've never used the "new" product -- "PLAQUE ATTACK". I have to assume the manufacturer was being legit with me when he told me it's the exact same product, just different name, packaging and marketing technique. Look at the two different websites and you'll see the significant similarities, testimonial pictures, etc.

Lois

Mom to Palm City Roxie ("Roxie"). Remembering Heizer Jordan ("Jordan"), DB's PickedtoWin ("Andy"), CB Ectasy ("Ecstasy"), Oshkosh Unafraid ("Tribute"), Arathorn, WV's Imperial ("Abby") and her brother WV's Institute ("Mojo") and KB's Gameboy ("Game Boy"), who've all gone to the Bridge. Working with Austin Greyhound Adoption <austingreyhounds.org>.

Milky Way has terrible teeth and after reading everyones replies I think I need to get on the ball and order this stuff.

Alicia and Foster Yoshi ( pit bull) 

Always in my heart: WV's Milky Way 6/25/2000- 4/22/2013, Hank ( St Bernard/Boxer) ???? - 10/3/2017 and Sweet Pea (English bulldog)  2004 - 6/19/2019

www.etsy.com/your/shops/MuttStuffnc

I've never used the "new" product -- "PLAQUE ATTACK". I have to assume the manufacturer was being legit with me when he told me it's the exact same product, just different name, packaging and marketing technique. Look at the two different websites and you'll see the significant similarities, testimonial pictures, etc.

Lois

Lois, Thank You, I did look and it seems to be the same thing! :colgate We are going to order some and save the $$$$... It can get expensive with 4.

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Has anyone found it in Canada? :colgate

I don't know, but you can order it online if you can't find it. Do you have PetSmart stores there? I know they carry it.

We do have PetSmart stores, but the one I checked didn't have it. I'm not sure if it's one of the products petsmart.com will ship to Canada.

I did find some today, though: a Ryans (Global) had both the gel and the spray. Pet Valu might have it too.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest greygirls2

We've been using the PetzLife spray & gel for years now. Even my fosters straight from the track with terrible mouths have clean shiny teeth in a matter of weeks. My dogs don't mind brushing so they get their teeth brushed with the gel and I sue the spray instead on days they've gotten turkey necks or a nice bone to chew. None of mine have ever had a dental and they are 7,6 & 5. They all have beautiful tarter and plaque free teeth with pleasant breath. I tried many other things before I found PetzLife and none compare. I buy it in the large refill size from PetEdge now for a great price. I wish I had found this when Cali was still here because she always had awful teeth no matter what I tried.

Guest Sunset123

I bought the spray, but I think I should have gotten the gel. Arrisa doesn't really mind having her teeth brushed, but she hates getting sprayed. The insides of her teeth are where she needs it the most, and it's impossible to get her to open her mouth for a spritz. I've actually been dunking a toothbrush right into the spray bottle and brushing it on! I'll get the gel next time.

Guest kelli123

Just got my order of spray and gel. How do you use the spray? Like one spray on each side of the out side of the teeth? or in the center of there mouth? Beem appling the gel with a rubber glove on . is it important to use a whole teaspoon . there are not really to many directions thanks ,