Introducing Violet!

Guest blankdog

Guest blankdog

Hello Greytalk!

I'm so excited to be a member here. I've been a dog lover all my life, and i've always had a fondness for greyhounds. I had been wanting to add another dog to our family (just my husband and I, he is a teacher, I am a dog groomer) for quite some time. First my husband only agreed to a small dog and I slowly pushed him into getting a greyhound, and now were both hooked! We adopted Violet (her racing name was J's Vixen, but it didnt seem to suit her so we chose Violet)about 3 months ago from GPA in Salt lake, UT.She is almost 4 yrs old and originally from Florida. Its great to see her getting more and more comfortable with us, she was such a sweet personality. She's sort of become my little shadow, she follows me around everywhere! Not to mention she has really helped in getting my other dog, Pepper, over his dog aggression issues! I'm hoping to eventually get another greyhound when we move into a larger home. My husband and I are just so thrilled to have her with us!

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know everyone!

-Charley in Utah

dogs008.jpg

Here she is the day we brought her home(she was my birthday present). My other dog, Pepper, is being a little camera shy. He's getting old ( 9 years) and tends to be a little on the grumpy side sometimes, but he and Violet have really bonded, they are never even in seperate rooms from each other!

Edited by blankdog

Guest blankdog

Welcome! What a beautiful girl you have, I love her name. I'm so glad your other dog has bonded with her. Does Pepper have some Dalmatian in him?

Well when we adopted him they told us he was husky/border collie. If his face were turned toward the camera you'd see that he has gorgeous icy blue eyes, and he definitely has the plushy husky tail but i've had people say he could have cattle dog, aussie or dalmation in him because of his coloring. I'll have to post a better picture and see if anyone else has a guess! he's quite the interesting mix!

Pepper has always been a little touchy around other dogs, he would do okay with small dogs as long as they weren't aggressive, but he was very tense around big dogs, I'd always have to take special routes on walks so we didn't run into any trouble! But ever since we've brought home Violet hes 100% improved. I try to make it up to the dog park once a week (the nearest is 45 minutes away :angry: ) and so far he hasnt gotten in any fights. Even on walks (which is the worse for him, he gets much more aggressive when leashed) he doesn't snap or growl, I can tell he is tense but he is much more friendly. I think in a way Violet calms Pepper down. I can't explain it but she's good therapy for him!

Guest blankdog

And here is a better shot of my boy Pepper. Your guess is as good as mine as to what he is! I'd love to do one of those DNA tests but they are a bit pricey! Either way I love him!

pepperg.jpg

And here is a better shot of my boy Pepper. Your guess is as good as mine as to what he is! I'd love to do one of those DNA tests but they are a bit pricey! Either way I love him!

pepperg.jpg

Wow, he is really gorgeous! I've never seen a dog like him, he's one of a kind!

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Oh, wow, you've got two great looking dogs there! Congratulations on adding Violet to your family!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:wave Welcome to GT! Congratulations on your pretty new girl!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

:wave Hi and welcome from Maryland. Violet is a beautiful girl!! I guess I am biased because I have a brindle girl too!

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Welcome! Violet is goreous! Love pepper's eyes, my daughter has a English sheep dog husky mix with the same eyes.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.