Jackie - Greyhound Mix - Update Post #34

Where in Pennsylvania??? :huh

Mechanicsburg PA west of Harrisburg PA.

No prospects. Are you interested? But, I see you are in CA. We are in PA.

Actually, we just moved to R.I. and I honestly thought about expressing an interest in this little girl, but I think I am done adopting.

But I keep her in my prayers that she will get the perfect home and get it soon! She's beautiful

Oh, now you are in RI on the east coast :) Big change for you......

Jackie is beautiful. Here is hoping she gets her forever home soon. My inn is on overflow. :lol

I do have one super chow hound here, she may always be that way. Knowing her past where food was not always given to her I understand her wanting to be a bit protective of it. Almost a year later, she is much better. She can eat with her brothers and sisters, I just have to watch she does not gobble all of hers up and go to the other bowls. The difference with her now is that she does it with no snarkiness, just an unsatiable appetite. :P

Claudia, done adopting. :yikes I do not believe that one. :gmark

Yes, I'm sure her background is a BIG factor. She sits....so cute....so I started making her sit before I put her food dish down......just trying to encourage "patience!" :lol

Edited by Fudge

Cat safe??

Not sure yet....hope to introduce her to my mother's cat in a few days. Someone in my neighborhood lets their cat outside...Jackie saw it today and was very interested but didn't go crazy. I know seeing a cat outside maybe a little different than seeing one inside. I'll be sure to let you know the outcome.

Edited by Fudge

Can't believe I hadn't seen this yet, have been looking at this girl several times.

Had hoped she was in Dillsburg and at least I could visit her.

But Mechanicsburg is a bit too much on the bike now.

Have been bugging DH about her, she is the type of dog I am so used to and she would fit in seen her age I think.

But I think DH needs more time to get used to the fact that we have four instead of two now.

Five is scaring him, although, I really want to foster again.

Any chance I could see her and perhaps make a few pics, she is gorgeous?

Can't believe I hadn't seen this yet, have been looking at this girl several times.

Had hoped she was in Dillsburg and at least I could visit her.

But Mechanicsburg is a bit too much on the bike now.

Have been bugging DH about her, she is the type of dog I am so used to and she would fit in seen her age I think.

But I think DH needs more time to get used to the fact that we have four instead of two now.

Five is scaring him, although, I really want to foster again.

Any chance I could see her and perhaps make a few pics, she is gorgeous?

Sure you can see her.....my brother lives in Dillsburg......not too far for me take her for a ride to see you! Please PM me :)

Jackie went to meet potential adopters tonight!!!!!! 10 minutes away from my home! Things went very well!

Please keep your fingers crossed that Jackie gets her forever home.

Everything crossed here.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all! Just wanted to give an update on Jackie.....she is still looking for her forever home.

She is doing great here and I've adjusted to having 3 greyhounds to walk :rolleyes:

Of course, I've been thinking about having her stay here forever and would have a difficult time seeing her go. But, 2 is my limit since I'm single and live in a townhome.

Thank goodness I have a fenced yard :)

Jackie enjoys going on walkies and saying hi to all the neighbors. It is supposed to get cooler her in PA so we are hoping to go on many more walkies this week. She loves all the greyhound beds I have here and loves to eat!! I have learned to not leave ANYTHING eatable anywhere in the house including keeping treats off my high boy dressor because Jackie learned that if you reach up and get your toes on the the doily you can pull the bag of treats down along with the knick knacks :P and she knows that if she waits until I go to the bathroom she can eat the cooling turkey burgers off the kitchen counter even if they are all the way back!