Jackie - Greyhound Mix - Update Post #34

Jackie is my new foster girl who came to stay with me and my two greys to get used to living in a real home.

She was an outside dog for all 7 years of her life but you would never guess that.

Last January her owners surrendered Jackie to their animal hospital, starving and expecting.

There was a breech birth involved and Jackie underwent a c-section. While her two pups found wonderful homes it is now Jackies turn.

Jackie stayed at the animal hospital until she recovered and then a local rescue took care of her.

Anyone wanting to give this sweet Lurcher a wonderful indoor home, please take a look at her link on Petfinders.org below or PM me.

Jackie

Edited by Fudge

She's really pretty. I'm sorry she wasn't cared for properly for the first 7 years of her life, I hope the coming years will bring her nothing but happiness, pleasure and a lot of spoiling! Sweet girl.

I forgot to ask, how big is she?

Edited by ckruzan

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

:wub:Thank you RobinW for posting the picture.....I couldn't figure out how to get it on Greytalk.

Isn't she beautiful :wub:

She's really pretty. I'm sorry she wasn't cared for properly for the first 7 years of her life, I hope the coming years will bring her nothing but happiness, pleasure and a lot of spoiling! Sweet girl.

I'd say she is about 68-70 pounds.....medium size grey.

:wub:Thank you RobinW for posting the picture.....I couldn't figure out how to get it on Greytalk.

Isn't she beautiful :wub:

I'd say she is about 68-70 pounds.....medium size grey.

<sigh> :beatheart

Edited by ckruzan

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Guest argolola

She is a beauty! I will be praying that she gets a wonderful forever home.

p.s. thank you for fostering her.

Edited by argolola

Beautiful girl. Quote from Petfinders blurb:

The greyhound mix thing is great because Jackies does not have some of the phobias racing greyhounds have
What phobias do ex-racers have that other dogs don't? Edited by EllenEveBaz

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

I didn't write Jackie's info on Petfinder but I did explain that she wasn't afraid of anything and did mention how my two greys have a few phobias like plastic bags, little children the wind WHICH by all means does not mean that ONLY greyhounds have these phobias...it was just the way it was written.......I thought hmmmmm when I read it also :)

Your phrasing also implies that all/most racing greyhounds have phobias, which is in no way the case! Many are perfectly confident in all situations; I don't think I've ever seen Beth afraid of anything, though she's been startled on occasion.

Jackie is very beautiful -- does anyone know what she's mixed with? Hard to get an idea in the picture.

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

OK, now I did not WRITE the description!

But, I have seen MANY greys with phobias because I am usually the one that takes them in after their former adopters can not handle them. Racing greyhounds have their quirks and I love everyone of them.

Please do not get defensive about the description.....it sounds like some of you are just looking for an agrument.....and if you are you are barking up the wrong tree because I have nothing but love in my heart for greyhounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Noone seems to know what Jackie is mixed with........I would say 98% greyhound 2% german shephard or collie. There are only subtle differences such as her toes do not look as long. Her waist is not as tight and her nose not quite as needlenose in person. But neither is my one other racing greyhound. Tail is a tiny bit bushier.

P.S. I requested that the description be edited about greyhounds & phobias :rolleyes:

Edited by Fudge

How wonderful that you can foster Jackie - she's a beauty & deserves a nice cushy life!

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest krystolla

Looks like the description's fixed, though honestly I think I've seen stuff like that in lots of petfinder ads -- not just for lurchers and greyhounds. :) I always figured it was marketing: this mutt is even better than a purebred! "Not as mouthy as a . . . ", "Not as spazzy as a . . . "

Jackie is a gorgeous girl, I'm sure she's got a perfect home out there looking for her. I'm impressed that after seven years of living outdoors the only problem she's got is a bit of food possessiveness. B)

Looks like the description's fixed, though honestly I think I've seen stuff like that in lots of petfinder ads -- not just for lurchers and greyhounds. :) I always figured it was marketing: this mutt is even better than a purebred! "Not as mouthy as a . . . ", "Not as spazzy as a . . . "

Jackie is a gorgeous girl, I'm sure she's got a perfect home out there looking for her. I'm impressed that after seven years of living outdoors the only problem she's got is a bit of food possessiveness. B)

Jackie is adjusting really well. She is loving all the soft beds we have here :colgate

and loves the walkies......I hope I am showing her how great life can and will be for her now on:)

Today Jackie pulled her food bowl right off the counter when I turned my back to put the can back in the frig :eek It had dry and wet food and warm water so that went all over the place. Best thing I could think of doing is to let her eat it off the carpet so most of it she cleaned up :)

Anyone have any ideas on how to stop counter surfing?? :P

Anyone have any ideas on how to stop counter surfing??

Ekko has taught me either nothing on the counter, or be sure it's out of their reach.

Thanks for fostering her, she's a beautiful girl

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Anyone have any ideas on how to stop counter surfing??

Ekko has taught me either nothing on the counter, or be sure it's out of their reach.

Thanks for fostering her, she's a beautiful girl

:P I agree it may be easier to teach myself to leave NOTHING on the counter or edge!

And, Jackie's getting more beautiful as the days go by....I can see in her eyes....they are softer and she's making eye contact more :wub:

Edited by Fudge

Just checking in to see if there are any prospects for this pretty girl.

No prospects. Are you interested? :colgate But, I see you are in CA. We are in PA.

We went to a meet & greet but there wasn't much traffic that day. We have another on

June 12. We see many people on walks and I tell them her story.

Thanks for asking!

ps. I've moved the food bin into the powder room; my pet sitter found that she was using the food bin as a launching point to the counter! :eek

Edited by Fudge

No prospects. Are you interested? But, I see you are in CA. We are in PA.

Actually, we just moved to R.I. and I honestly thought about expressing an interest in this little girl, but I think I am done adopting.

But I keep her in my prayers that she will get the perfect home and get it soon! She's beautiful

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest PhillyPups

Jackie is beautiful. Here is hoping she gets her forever home soon. My inn is on overflow. :lol

I do have one super chow hound here, she may always be that way. Knowing her past where food was not always given to her I understand her wanting to be a bit protective of it. Almost a year later, she is much better. She can eat with her brothers and sisters, I just have to watch she does not gobble all of hers up and go to the other bowls. The difference with her now is that she does it with no snarkiness, just an unsatiable appetite. :P

Claudia, done adopting. :yikes I do not believe that one. :gmark