Tania Had An E Vet Visit Today

Guest DoofBert

Guest DoofBert

We're ok now, but it was a bit traumatic earlier today.

Tania and Li'l Emmy went out this morning for a romp in the yard. All I can figure is a mouse/rabbit caught Tania's eye and she proceeded to get intot he planting bed, behind the wire fence. To make a long story short, I responded to the GSOD and ran out to the yard to find her with a bit of the fence impaled into her front leg.

Not much blood (expected with apuncture wound) but I could not get trim the peice of wire. I knew not to try to remove the impaled section.

Anyway, our neighbor came to our rescue with bolt cutters and off to e vet we went.

Amazingly, the puncture did not injure any muscle or tendons/ligaments/bones. It just slipped through the thin skin of her leg joint (closest to the chest)

E Vet said we did the right thing by leaving the impaled piece in the leg till he could exray it.

Tania is there now recovering from the anethesia... we'll brign her home around 3pm. She'll have an e collar and a sling on her leg plus a drain. Rest till the drain comes out.

WOW.. what a way to begin a quiet Sunday!

But remember.... if you or your pet should ever be impaled with a foriegn object.... DON"T TRY TO REMOVE IT! GET TO THE E R ASAP.

Edited by DoofBert

Guest greybookends

WOW Jayne! I am so glad the little grasshopper is ok. They do make life interesting don't they? :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Wow Jayne, what a way to start a Sunday. Glad to know she's going to be okay. Hope she heals quickly.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Scary! So glad to hear she's ok. And excellent advice about not pulling it out, that could have done more damage.

Feel better little girl

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest Energy11

..."But remember.... if you or your pet should ever be impaled with a foriegn object.... DON"T TRY TO REMOVE IT! GET TO THE E R ASAP ..."

They teach this in EMT and Paramedic schools, and WOW, I AM IMPRESSED that you knew about it!!! You are THE HERO of the day for sure!!

AND, thanks ... I will be including this information in my first aid presentation for Mt. Hounds, THANKS TO YOU! To me, being a retired medic, I know this, but a lot of people don't.

YOU DID A GREAT JOB TODAY, AND most definitely helped your Tania!

Eeeeeeek.

So glad not too much damage. Hugs and hopes for quick healing.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Goodness me! Hope Tania is feeling comfortable now after her ordeal....

Really scary situation. Well done with handling it.

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

I wouldn't have known not to try and pull it out, so thanks for that info.

Really scary for you AND Tania. Glad the sweet girl is recovering.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest DoofBert

Well, Tania is living up to her full name -- Titania-- after the strong and powerful Titans who fought the gods in mythology.

She went out to potty but didn't want to be on leash.... successful endeavor. Then she proceeded to hobble up the three steps rather than using the ramp!

She was able to keep water down so I gave her a few bites of chicken.

We're headed to bed.

Scritchies to gallant girl and hope she feels much better in the morning.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Hopefully she's doing a lot better in the morning. Figures she'd have to go potty all by herself.:lol

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

How's our little fairy princess doing this morning?? (Or afternoon, I guess!)

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Guest DoofBert

Last night was tough... she was quite restless with the e collar. I ended up sleeping on the floor by her bed.

.Tania is doing better , although she nixed the e collar and is not too happy about wearing a muzzle. In the few minutes she has the muzzle off, she's shown interest in the bandage and I don't want to risk anything.

She went outside for the daddeiman and did some bidness. And, our patient had a good dinner.

She's on tramydol for pain......she readily takes the tablet when its wrapped in cheese or liverwurst.

That's our latest report. Daddeiman will be charge tomorrow as I must head to office.