Pet Pride No Flea Water Additive

Probably my first topic here in many years.

We were at a feed store today and saw This Product

Anyone ever heard of it or tried it?

"Green since 1979"

"Specially formulated for the chemically sensitive"

We are the manufactures of PET PRIDE NO FLEA and is without

a doubt the finest and safest way for long term control of fleas

and ticks on your pets.

This is not an insecticide or poison. It is a repellent. No Flea is

fortified with a high concentration of multiple vitamins,

minerals, enzymes, and amino acids to supplement your pet

diet, while also providing a safe barrier against fleas and ticks.

No Flea works through the blood stream causing your pet's

blood and skin to become offensive to fleas and ticks, but not

humans.

DIRECTIONS: Shake well. Add one tablespoon of No Flea to one

quart of your pet's drinking water. Use each time you give your

pet fresh water.

For small caged animals, mix a quart at a time and use as

needed, or you may just add a few drops of No Flea to the

water bottle.

If desired, No Flea may be added to your pet's food as you

prepare it, rather than its water.

Keeping your home safe & toxic free!

large.greyhound_signature.gif

A comment on this horse message board reports the label does not list the ingredients. But no comment on usage. here

This page does have a comment.

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest kydie

Can not speak for "this" product, but garlic has long been used orally as a flea repellent, for years many dog catalogs sold garlic pills to add to the dogs diet. :)

Guest greyt2love

Have never used it, but anxious to see replies if anyone has. I would so love to be able to use something more natural and avoid the chemicals !

The garlic thing is a myth. Doesn't repel or kill fleas.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

We use Program. It's not an insecticide and is supposed to be very safe for dogs. Certainly after years of use on many dogs, we've never encountered a problem. Novartis who makes it provides this information.

Have never used the injectable, probably wouldn't, only the monthly tablets.

One consideration - we don't have much of a tick problem here - Program is effective against fleas but not ticks.

Finally, as a sidebar, we use Interceptor for heartworm. The active ingredient is relatively safe compared with others, and also deals with a number of intestinal parasites. Novartis makes a combined product (Program + Interceptor) which I believe is called Sentinel, but I prefer to give them separately, two weeks apart just as a precaution (not to overload the system).