I'm At The E-Vet

I was walking Bu tonight with a clients dog. Bu was behind me and took a couple running steps and ran right into the other dogs leash. He went down hard on his wrist and screamed and screamed and screamed and half heartedly tried biting me when I tried to touch him. I saw what I thought was a shadow and realized it was a puddle of blood. He left a good trail of blood on the way to the house. I grabbed my keys and phone and threw him in the crate in the car. It doesn't look nearly as bad now as at the house, but they're giving him a couple stitches. Please send some good thoughts for a quick recovery. Thankfully they are trying to put him under to stitch him up.

Poor guy! Did he cut his foot or leg?? Did they do xrays??

Hope he's all right by tomorrow!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

He busted both ankles open. One needed 1 stitch and the other needed 2-4 (I forgot to ask). They did not do x-rays, in fact I would be shocked if anything was broken. They wrapped his legs well so he can't bend them easily to prevent them from opening up again and the wrap is to stay on for 72 hours. He's really doped up right now. He peed and pooped 2xs in the lobby while they were checking us out. He is wearing his k9 traveler boots and muzzle with duct tape over the lower half in front. I'm not sure where our e-collar is right now so the muzzle will have to do. They prescribed antibiotics and metacam and some spray for his ear and legs when the wraps come off. I'm not quite sure how, but he managed to scrape the back of his ear during the fall as well. He's. Pretty talented.

Anyone know how to get blood off a concrete stoop so my clients don't come home to what appears to be a bloodbath?

Guest Energy11

Sorry to hear about this, but, glad Bu is okay, too!

I'd try bleach and water 50/50 on the concrete.

Good Luck! Sending both of you lots of love !

Guest LindsaySF

Ouch, sorry to hear that! I hope he heals up soon.

Btw, most Greys tolerate a muzzle better than an e-collar. As long as the muzzle is working I would stick with it.

Feel better soon Bu!

Thanks everyone. He's not feeling well at all today. He's not really interested in food, so I bought some cans and ill give more raw until he feels a bit better. I think the muzzle is working well so ill keep using it. I hope he starts feeling better soon because he's really pathetic right now. Ill let you know if the stains come out.