Let Me Introduce Myself

Guest Nina

Hello to everybody :colgate

I`ve been reading this forum for a few months now (I must say I`ve found out a lot) and today I decided to write something about me and my greyhound.

My name is Nina, I´m 20 years old, I live in Slovenia and I adopted my first greyhound last year in April.

His name is Leyton, he comes from Ireland. His racing name is Brickfield Shore and he`s the best dog ever! :)

When we first got him, he was so scared, he didn`t eat almost for a week, he didnt`t like to be touched, he didn`t want to walk or run and he was very scared of my grandfather, because he has a crutch. But, slowly he found out that it is okey to be here and that nothing bad is ever going to happen.

Now he is a happy hound, he loves to sleep and relax, he loves to eat and of course he has a big smile on his face when he is running free. He is very calm and gentle except when we play. He is now on raw diet for two months and he is doing great.

I will post a few pictures of him and if you have any questions, just ask-I know I will. :)

Greetings from Slovenia,

Nina

photo127.jpg

dsc02796-copy.jpg

Now I`m a rabbit :huh

dsc02795-copy.jpg

dsc02979.jpg

dsc03091.jpg

dsc03126.jpg

photo422.jpg

photo428.jpg

Edited by Nina

HE'S JUST BEAUTIFUL!! WE HAVE A NEWLY ADOPTED BOY AND I WOULD LOVE TO KNNOW WHAT YOU DID TO HELP YOUR DOG BECOME LESS SCARED, SHY AND SKITTISH?? OURS IS SLOWLY COMING AROUND BUT IT IS A SLOW PROCESS.

Guest Plygreygirl

Welcome from Plymouth, Ma USA!!! Leyton is stunning!!! Love the big black and whites!!!wub.gif Mine is a large female white with brindle patches!!!

Guest BellesDad

Welcome from Montreal Quebec Canada. Tell us more about Leyton and Slovenia. It looks very beautiful there. Is there an adoption group there, how did you adopt Leyton?

Welcome from Miami! He certainly is a beauty...

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Welcome from NH, Leyton is a regal looking Irish boy, your pictures of Slovenia are beautiful too :)

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

Thanks to everybody for nice words.

Dee...I think you have to give him all the time that he needs. Some greys need more time to get out of their shell. Be patient and don`t force him into nothing, encourage and praise him, if he knows how to play, thats great, just play with him and he will relax much sooner.

I didn`t expect that Leyton will be scared of everything and everyone, I assume that something bad happened to him, everytime when he saw on his walks someone with a stick, he panic and he was sure, that this person will hit him. Now he doesn`t even notice sticks :colgate. He came here with all kind of fears, he overcame most of them, but few will stay for ever-for example fireworks. He is still confused in new environment and he gets on all his coat dandruff, but when he is second time there, everything is okey.

We live in a small town in countryside and we are also very near to our capital town Ljubljana, thats because Slovenia is so small country. I`ve been in the USA twice, first time in New York in 2008, second time in Florida a year later and I liked it very much. :colgate

In Slovenia we have two associations/organizations, first one is Slovenian Association for Sighthounds in Need- (SASIN), I adopted Leyton through this organization. Other one is Slovenian Sighthound World - (SSW). They both help greyhounds from Ireland and galgos from Spain. SASIN cooperates with PAWS and El Arca de Noé (Albacete), this Saturday came to Slovenia 3 galgos :yay:yay .

SSW works with Scooby Medina, Clare Animal Welfare, Cottage Rescue and European Greyhound Network. Also this Saturday came to Slovenia 2 greyhound females. :yay:yay

You can see here video of our first meeting-SSW:

Adopted greyhounds (SSW):

Adopted galgos (SSW):

Now we have in Slovenia more than one hundred greys and galgos :)

Guest PhillyPups

:wave Hi Nina and a big welcome from Philadelphia, PA, USA.

Leyton is quite handsome. The countryside is beautiful. Way to go on the adoptions in Slovenia!! :yay :yay

That is a lot of hounds for a small country. Keep up the good work.

Again, welcome!! :wave

Hi Nina and Leyton! Welcome from Maryland, USA!

Who is the other dog in that one picture? Is that a galgo? Whippet?

Glad you found GT - it's very addictive!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

HE'S JUST BEAUTIFUL!! WE HAVE A NEWLY ADOPTED BOY AND I WOULD LOVE TO KNNOW WHAT YOU DID TO HELP YOUR DOG BECOME LESS SCARED, SHY AND SKITTISH?? OURS IS SLOWLY COMING AROUND BUT IT IS A SLOW PROCESS.

Post under training and behavior.

My Chloe was very skittish, borderline spook. Now, she is one crazy biotch! My wild thing!

Time and patience!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Another hello from Ontario Canada. Beautiful pup and pics...thanks for sharing and joining us here.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Hi Nina, and greetings from Gainesville, Florida! :welcome2

Leyton is so very handsome!!

Glad you found us here on Greytalk!!

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France