Breakthrough Treatment Of Corns

We're lucky, no corns here but I do know a dog or two who suffer on this side of the pond. Is it possible to order from over here in the UK?

Contact the pharmacy - they have e-mail addy, fax and phones#

It is better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all

Missing my Big Blue eyed Bear

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some great reports from Murray Avenue Apothecary-

We received an email from a greyhound owner who purchased our corn cream. Her grey had a severe corn that persisted for at least a year and a half (maybe longer). After using the cream for 7-10 days, the corn came out! Take a look at the before and after photos to see exactly what we are talking about! This is great news and we hope that more of you will soon be contacting us with results as successful as this!

Link for photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/49043544@N06/

Update on treatment for Zeke & Fiona's corns.

Today was day 19 of treatment with the cream and I was easily able to lift Zeke's corn out this morning. I filled the space left from the corn with the cream and by this afternoon he was walking very comfortably with only a tiny bit of hesitation when placing that foot on a hard surface.

Fiona's corn is disappearing and is almost gone. She stopped limping after 8 days of treatment and was able to take a normal walk (without thera-paw boot) on Saturday.

I will continue to treat their pads once or twice a week as recommended. Having struggled with Zeke's corn since mid-February, I can't tell you how relieved and happy I am to see these results.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest Fasave

Okay, so now I'm just confused. Friday will make three weeks of treatment for my guys two corns. Because I hulled them prior to starting, they looked more like the "second" photo in post #127. My experience has been that is the "black dot" is still there, the corn is still alive and will grow back. It seems that what is causing more discomfort for my guy at this point is the build up of hard tissue around the corn (an actual ring of harder tissue around a hole). If you looked at his pads, you would have to look close to even see the sign of the corns but if you press on the pads, he will pull his paw away (he doesn't with the "good" pads) and you can feel they still have the extra tissue which I assume is caused by years of build up from having the corn to begin with. My hope is that if I continue treatment, this tissue will continue to soften. He has taken walks without the booty on trails, grass and sand but pavement is still problematic. So I guess my question is will his pads ever look like his other corn free pads? I figure as long as I have cream left, I will continue the treatment.

Good afternoon greyhound owners/lovers! I hope everything is going well with the cream and the treatments are beginning to show results. Looking over some of your posts, I wanted to address a couple of questions that I saw pop up.

We can ship to the UK. International shipping rates would apply, but the cream is over the counter and does not have any restrictions for shipping across seas. We would be happy to do this for you.

In regards to the black dot, continue to use the cream. If it is dead tissue as we were advised by a local vet (from showing her the picture), it should eventually heal and the dead would be replaced by fresh, new healthy cells. If it is still remnants of a corn, continuing to treat will be beneficial and hopefully penetrate to the deeper tissues where the root of the problem is.

If you have any questions or concerns during treatment, don't hesitate to email or call us at the pharmacy! Also, please keep us informed of your observations so that we can document the findings in our study. One more thing we are asking of those who would like to share is if you would send us pictures of your dogs, and the corns before and after treatment. We have a slide show running in the pharmacy and will also be sharing your lovely pets on our new website. Pictures of the corns will assist in our research and help to answer any questions that may arise.

Once again, thank you for your continued support and interest! You are very dedicated caretakers and the greys are lucky to have you!

Erica Trimble, PharmD Intern

erica@murrayavenuerx.com

Susan Merenstein, R.Ph./Owner

susanm@murrayavenuerx.com

Murray Avenue Apothecary

4227 Murray Avenue Apothecary

Pittsburgh, PA 15217

412-421-4996

www.murrayavenuerx.com

Erica and Susan thank you for all the information and answering all the questions that have been asked.

BTW will be up to see you before I take EZ to the vet on Thursday I just have to see this slide show

Edited by 6greyhounds

Guest goodtimekid

Kid has been troubled with corns on his front feet for over a year now. We have been using the cream on his corns for little over a week. We have seen progress. The corns are starting to raise up enough to be hulled again soon. Am I suppose to pack the hulled area with the cream ? I have great expectations for his feet in a long time. I can't wait to start walking again without him being in pain and lame...

We received an email from a greyhound owner who purchased our corn cream. Her grey had a severe corn that persisted for at least a year and a half (maybe longer). After using the cream for 7-10 days, the corn came out! Take a look at the before and after photos to see exactly what we are talking about! This is great news and we hope that more of you will soon be contacting us with results as successful as this!

I'm not as young as I used to be and my eyes are definitely not what they were, but those pictures look like they are not the same toe - or even the same foot - to me.

Guest KennelMom

We've been through it all with our past corn dogs...and one of our guys just had one pop up so we've got another corndog on our hands. We'll have our vet hull it as a first step. Immediate relief. Definitely anything to soften them will help...maybe we'll give this a try if hulling give us a long term result like it has in the past.

Guest LindsaySF

Link for photos: http://www.flickr.co...s/49043544@N06/

I'm not as young as I used to be and my eyes are definitely not what they were, but those pictures look like they are not the same toe - or even the same foot - to me.

It does look like a different foot. Maybe the dog in question had multiple corns on different feet? Hopefully the Apothecary can advise.

Sorry for not being clear on the original post... the pictures are different feet. The owner did not take a picture prior to treatment, but the dog had another corn on another paw and the owner sent that picture because the one that came out looked exactly like it. I apologize for the confusion! Let me know if you have any other questions or input.

Erica and Susan

Murray Avenue Apothecary

4227 Murray Avenue

Pittsburgh, PA 15217

erica@murrayavenuerx.com

www.murrayavenuerx.com

Guest goodtimekid

Well time to report. Kid has been on the cream for 2 weeks or so and last night with a little prodding I was able to "hull" out a corn with my nail. We have one more that is raised about 1/16th in off his pad, I'm working on that one now. I find his pads softer too.

I stopped to see Susan twice this week and each time I had one of my greys (TG no corn problems) and the reception from everyone in the pharmacy was fantastic or should I say greyt. Susan told me that she has send some of the cream to my Podiatrist as I showed him the literature that Susan gives out. I am thinking of trying it on my feet, I also found out that Susan who compounds EZ's KBr is very reasonable for what she charges me. I have been kidding her that I am going to charge her commission for posting this information on GT

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered Maddie some cream for her corn yesterday and talked to Erica. I talked to our vet and she is very interested in this so I emailed the info to her as she had another greyhound come in for a 2nd time to have a corn hulled again.

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

I am glad this cream is helping greyhounds stay off of the operating table to have corns removed. They do not need to be put under anesthesia if there is a treatment that works. I guess I am lucky that none of my hooligans have corns.

UPDATES: Greyhound owners reporting fantastic results!!

Yesterday, I had follow-ups with 5 greyhound owners who purchased our Greyhound Corn Cream and each of them had a success story!

1. Dog had corn for about 18 months. After treating for 4 weeks, the corn had been drawn out so far, that the vet was able to pull/hull it out. The vet said the area looked very good, and the tissue was very soft and healthy underneath where the corn used to be. The dog had another, smaller corn on a different foot, and it has decreased in size and he is not limping anymore.

2. This dog had her corn for 2 years. They have been using the corn cream twice daily for 4 weeks, and the circumference has decreased.

3. The grey's corn was persistent for more than a year, and kept returning after having it hulled several times. After 4 weeks of treatment with our Greyhound Corn Cream, the corn was gone! The owner saw no signs of remnants and the pad was very smooth. Best of all, the dog was not limping!

4. Owner knew for sure of 1 corn, but was suspicious of one developing on another foot. They started using the cream on both locations twice daily, and after 4 weeks, the corn they knew of had emerged from the pad, and was sticking out so far that the owner could easily remove it. Turns out there was a corn on the other pad, although it wasn't visible. The Corn Cream "pulled it right out".

5. Started treating with Greyhound Corn Cream on Friday. Treated the corn, which first appeared in February, twice daily for two day, then just once a day. After only 5 days, the corn is already raising out of the surface of the pad!

We are so pleased and excited with the continual positive responses to the Greyhound Corn Cream. We hope each of you have a similar success story so that we have happier, healthier greyhounds!

Your friends at Murray Avenue Apothecary

4227 Murray Avenue

Pittsburgh, PA 15217

412-421-4996

erica@murrayavenuerx.com

Greyt news about the pups that they did not need to be put under and that the corns are coming out. No limping what a relief to both the pups and their care givers

Just ordered the cream for Celeste! She had a corn on her rear paw. We had laser surgery to remove it about 1.5 years ago, but it came back. This week, she developed another corn on her front paw. I'm really hoping the cream will work. We won't do the surgery again - very expensive and poor results.

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

Guest goodtimekid

I'd hate for all of us to e-mail and call so if someone could post the information they find out I know a lot of us would appreciate it. I'd love to know if you need a prescription and what the cost is.

They do require a script so be ready to give your vets number. It has worked on Kid's corns. He still is having some issues but they have been "forced" out of his pad and I was able to hull it out. One of his corns is out and the other has some residue that we will continue to work on. Good luck everyone.

Here at Murray Avenue Apothecary, we are excited to hear from so many greyhound owners who have had success with our Corn Cream. Just to clarify, the cream is over the counter and we do not require a prescription, but we are advocates of keeping the health triad between prescriber, patient, and pharmacist, so we do contact the vets to let them know that you are using the treatment.

Here is one success story-

After purchasing the cream and after only 3 days of treatment the corns are already coming out. I'm so excited that this is working. I took pictures and if you would like to see them I will send them. I have to say though the soaking of the corns is the hard part. She has 2 corns one on each foot of her back legs and she's not a happy camper when I come with the water. Last night I was able to pull a lot of the big corn out and a small portion of the big one. Amazing is all I can say. Hopefully soon Lizzy will no longer be limping and can enjoy running again. I'm sending a copy of this to our local greyhound rescue group so they can pass the word on.

Regards,

Cherie

We have consistently been getting feedback from happy greyhound caretakers. If you have been using our corn treatment, please send your results to erica@murrayavenuerx.com.

If you would like to read more about our exclusive corn cream and many more of

our specialty items, check out our NEW WEBSITE at www.murrayavenuerx.com. You

can now order products online and submit prescription refill requests!! And

don't forget our exclusive online offer!

Your friends at Murray Avenue Apothecary

Greyt news Erica/Susan can't wait to hear more responses about this cream. TG my pups do not have corns.

BTW this is where I get EZ's KBr which they compound for me and his phenobarbital.

Erica I hope you have some good news today am waiting to hear from you

Beryl