Hello From A Uk Newbie

Guest Stripeyfan

Guest Stripeyfan

Hi,

DH and I adopted our first grey, a 4-yr old ex-racer called Kelly (he's Irish), 2 months ago. 1 month in he started having serious GI problems which we finally (this week!) discovered was due to a nasty roundworm infestation. :sick We were so worried when he was ill and the vet couldn't work out what was going on, we just did not know where to turn, so I posted on the Health & Medical forum and the advice we got from people on here was fantastic. We are so grateful, and now (fingers crossed) he is feeling better I wanted to come on here and say a proper hello with some pictures of our beautiful stripey boy. My computer tells me Greytalk doesn't support my browser for posting photos so I think they will just come up as links to the pics on Flickr - sorry about that, hope you are able to still look at them. And thanks again for all the help! :)

Sunbathing

Sunbeams

Hi there! I'm in the UK too! Kelly is beautiful - I have a soft spot for the brindles. :wub:

Most people post pictures from Photobucket I think. You just paste the link into the post from there. I've never heard of a browser not supporting pictures before! :dunno

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Welcome from another UK GTer! I have a stripey Irish boy too... your Kelly's very handsome, and I'm glad he's feeling better!

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

Guest Stripeyfan

Thankyou for the welcome! :colgate We think Kelly's handsome too (and tell him all the time!!! When we were thinking of getting a grey we had this vague idea of getting a black and white one, but when we went to the kennels and Kell leaned on us for the first time we were smitten - those melty eyes! I think he must be feeling better now because the last 2 mornings he's wanted to get up at 5am... not too bothered about going out but desperate to play! :rolleyes: Gonna have to work on that one a bit, not sure how though, so no doubt I will be back here for lots of advice!!

Hi and welcome to GT! Kelly is just gorgeous! :beatheart

I am so glad you found us...GT is an awesome source of information, as you've already found out! :wubsite

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Hi and welcome from another UK GTer. As you've found this is a great place for help and information.

• 2 weeks later...