Hi From Maxwell

Guest MaxwellEdison

Guest MaxwellEdison

Hi all,

My name is Jerry. I do most of the typing for Max. We got him from friends last October and have been getting along quite well. Recently a couple of health issues have cropped up, so I thought we should sign on to try to resolve them or just get information. Max is about 72 pounds as of last weighing, mostly white with large tan spots and a fairly typical mask. He is an excellent buddy. His personality is visibly changing over time. He came to us from a large family with one other dog. Here he is an only pet, but I am here most of the time so he isn't usually alone. When we got him he was very reserved and panicy. This was because he was often stepped on by smaller children in his former home (not suprising?). Recently he has started rooing rather often- last week he was set off by a Horn concerto playing on the radio. It was hilarious. He has also started telling us when he wants something. If he wants out he will come to us and say "rrrrrrrooowwwwwwwww." (.....) I was going to post pics, but I'll have to figure out how. For now I'll go ahead and post this so I won't lose it and work on that.

Guest IrskasMom

WELCOME to GT ..... Jerry and Max greenwave.gifgreenwave.gifgreenwave.gif I am glad Max found you and it looks like it's greyt you found him. We are all here because of our Passion .... Greyhounds.I have one but most of the People here have more then one and are very seasoned Grey Owners. You are on the right Place for Help or any kind of Question.Max sounds like ,he is a Sweety and we always want to see Pictures.

Edited by IrskasMom

Hello and Welcome from Michigan - It's nice to meet you both! :welcome

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

Guest MaxwellEdison

a>

Hi all,

My name is Jerry. I do most of the typing for Max. We got him from friends last October and have been getting along quite well. Recently a couple of health issues have cropped up, so I thought we should sign on to try to resolve them or just get information. Max is about 72 pounds as of last weighing, mostly white with large tan spots and a fairly typical mask. He is an excellent buddy. His personality is visibly changing over time. He came to us from a large family with one other dog. Here he is an only pet, but I am here most of the time so he isn't usually alone. When we got him he was very reserved and panicy. This was because he was often stepped on by smaller children in his former home (not suprising?). Recently he has started rooing rather often- last week he was set off by a Horn concerto playing on the radio. It was hilarious. He has also started telling us when he wants something. If he wants out he will come to us and say "rrrrrrrooowwwwwwwww." (.....) I was going to post pics, but I'll have to figure out how. For now I'll go ahead and post this so I won't lose it and work on that.

I guess it didnt work.... As the enterprises computer said "Working." Edited by MaxwellEdison

Guest MaxwellEdison

Hi all,

Nancy, Max and I just spent some time trying to load pics of him without success. Obviously we dont know why, or it would have worked. We're sorry, but it doesnt look like we'll get that done. That said, we'd like to thank you all for your warm welcome, we're glad to be here! :colgate

Guest MaxwellEdison

Ha! He is not as yet, majoring in medicine. He does however hear Rose and Varerie!

To explain that, his previous family had named him Maddie after a football player, Greg (i think) Maddox. I dont follow football and could not bear having Him be named Maddie. I liked Niles (picked and tried), Bus-ter, and Speedy, but found the transition to Niles to be rough as the kids kept wanting to make up yet more names for him. One day after a week or so it occurred to me that Max would be an easy transition for him. It was- it only took 2 days to work. It is also sometimes short for Maximum which I find apt. Anyway, when youre talking to a dog, and using the word Max..... doesnt it just follow? MAX!....well Edison......

Guest MaxwellEdison

Hi again all, Just thought I'd mention, since I was here- Its been an eventful if not inspiring week for Max. We looked up his track record and found it (but not him) to be..... lacking. In his only race he came in last, and apparently far enough back to not get a time. Ill admit that I dont understand their system though. We all got a good chuckle out of that.

We went to the dog park on Sunday afternoon. Max met several "other" dogs. Dogs of indeterminate breeding who completely lack the grace and stature in full gallop that Max exudes when he sleeps. :P But they were fun to chase anyway. Max does not grasp the complexities of the tennis ball or the squeaky toy, he does however love to chase other dogs. I saw once or twice that Max had to slow down to keep from catching them. He seemed to have a gear that he wasnt needing. And he ran till he physically could not go farther. It was pretty amazing. Yes, hes my first greyhound.

Also, after some research and thought, I went to the Max's doc about the glucosamine and she gave me a tub of chews to try. So hopefully Max will be feeling better about the stairs soon.

This morning I was feeling reflective and listening to a Mozart piece. I was humming along and must have woke Max up because he joined in for a minute or so. Too bad hes tone deaf :lol .

Our lot is bordered by a forest. Lately when Max goes out, he has started barking at the trees- I assume he sees squirrels, or maybe just assumes theyre there. I almost never see them. Its funny though, He puts his whole body into the bark, and its really quite an effective thing to hear. Good Boy!!! B) .

Ok, Ive rambled enough. Max and Jerry

Edited by MaxwellEdison

Guest greymama002

:welcome Sounds like Max is a real sweetie with a lot of personality! We have one very quiet boy, a talker who tries to answer back with that rrrrooooowwww sound, and a sassy girl who barks right in your face when she wants something!

Looking forward to further updates on Max!

Hello from Waterloo Ontario - from one Maxwell to another! My Max used to have a diamond shaped kissie spot on the top of his head, just like your does!

max2opt.jpg

but sadly over the years, I've kissed all away!

Maxplaying004.jpg

Look forward to seeing more pics of your very handsome Max!

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

Guest MaxwellEdison

Wow! :clap:confetti:clap Thank you very much for making that work. We spent about 2 hours trying. Max says "Uuuuuurrrr- ooooooooooooooooooooowowowowowo" Thank you thank you thank you. I'll have to have another stap at that myself. I'm obviously not a computer guru, but Max didnt help much, so there.

And Hi to Waterloo Maximum. Hes a very refined looking fellow. Those are indeed very similar markings and his spots are the same shade. I wonder if they are related. Maxwell was "TSRs Redrock" born 7-29-02. I think there were 8 in his litter. He came from Birmingham Alabama though. Where is Maximum from? Im curious though, is it just that his whole head has gone grey from age? Good Boy! Woof!

We went to the dog park again today, but it was 26 degrees and 26 mph wind, so we didnt stay long. Bbbbrrrrrr!

Thank you again for posting for us. Max and Jerry