What Is This And How Concerned Should I Be?

I found this on Beau this morning. He does have immune dificiency (IBD) and is on low dose of pred and imuran.

It's very raised and contained in this one area.

Beau001.jpg

Beau002.jpg

Beau003.jpg

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Histiocytoma? Have the vet check it out, just in case.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Looks like a sebaceous cyst to me, but a vet should be able to tell you for certain. If it is a sebaceous cyst, it's nothing to worry about. :)

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Just had similar one removed from my GSP on 12-28 he to has IBS was on his lower front leg, was scary

Beau does NOT have IBS, he has IBD- completely 100% different!!!

Anyway, we have appoinnment tonight at 6:30.

Thanks.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

:bow forgive me for the mis-type of the letter I ment IBD!!!!!!!!!!!

:blush you are so forgiven!!

There are some people, including me, who do not know, unless of course they have to go through it. That is how I learned about it. I wish it were IBS!

Edited by RobinM

I understand your fear, I really do, I was a mess for days until the biospy came back on them he had two removed, one was MST on his neck, and IBD makes the healing of the suture lines slow, please keep us posted

Guest meakah

Looks like a sebaceous cyst to me, but a vet should be able to tell you for certain. If it is a sebaceous cyst, it's nothing to worry about. :)

:nod This is my thought as well.

Looks exactly like what one of my hounds had--it was a histiocytoma. We had it removed, but it turned out to be non-malignant and probably would have gone away on its own.

Guest SillyIzzysMom

Millie had one behind an ear--when I felt it under my fingers I thought it was a tick (I had to treat them for ticks this fall) so I tried to grab it with tweezers and pull.. .Millie was KNOT happy! It was attached ! (bad mommy!!) It's gone now, whatever it was. I hope Beau is fine

Millie had one behind an ear--when I felt it under my fingers I thought it was a tick (I had to treat them for ticks this fall) so I tried to grab it with tweezers and pull.. .Millie was KNOT happy! It was attached ! (bad mommy!!) It's gone now, whatever it was. I hope Beau is fine

Just wanted to let you know you're not the only one who's done that. Shadow had one right on top of his head. It sprouted up overnight and I, too, assumed it was a tick. Tried to go after it with a tick spoon and I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't come up. Ummm, maybe because it was ATTACHED to his head???? :rolleyes::blush: My poor guy didn't let out a peep, but boy was he glad when I quit messing with it!

Jenn, missing Shadow (Wickford Big Tom), Pretty Girl (C's Pretty) and Tori (Santoria)

Guest MyBoys

Robin, it looks like a cyst, I just had one checked on our Murphy yesterday, my vet said it was nothing to worry about but knowing how careful you are about your fur kids getting it checked will put your mind to ease. That is what I did and I feel better knowing it is nothing.

where is it?

On his side, by his shoulder.

Sarge has 2 of these, one on his front upper shoulder. Took him to the vet, she said it was benign, to not bother with it unless Sargie was bothered by it. I've kept an eye on his two and they seem stable. But like you, just to be sure, I had the vet check it. Good luck w/ Beau. Connie

:clap:ding

Yup. sebaceous cyst. He actually has 2. Vet said sometimes she removes them, but for now, leave it alone. Once he gets these, he will probably get more.

Beau's weight is holding well at 64. His racing weight was between 62.5 and 64.5 so that's greyt too. All in all a greyt visit.

And he got his nails cut from the only one who can do it.

Thanks everyone!