Best Place To Order Soloxine

I need to order Ace some more thyroid meds. She's always taken the thyrotabs, but a little tiny bottle from my vet's office is like $18. Plus I'd rather put her on the Soloxine.

I think I remember someone saying Omaha Vaccine had the best price, but, I'm not sure.

If there's a better price out there, please post.

I wish I had thought to do this yesterday when my vet's office was open. I don't have their fax # so I can't order online and have Omaha call them Monday morning. Since I have to wait I figured I'd make sure that was the best place to get it.

Thanks!

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

When I was looking at prices back in July, I think 1800Petsmeds was the cheapest including the shipping

I need to re-order more for her soon so will be price checking again

Although my vet now charges $10 when you order online but it's still cheaper online

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Are ThyroTabs keeping her thyroid level in the correct range? If so, why switch?

Anecdotally, I can tell you that Carl was on a different thyroid medication for about 2 months and I didn't see any changes in his symptoms, the typical one or the atypical one, until I switched him to Soloxine. There are many posts discussing this. I wouldn't use anything else other than Soloxine.

I am also searching for an alternative to buying Soloxine from my vet, so your posted question is a helpful!

Edited by ckruzan

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Are ThyroTabs keeping her thyroid level in the correct range? If so, why switch?

Anecdotally, I can tell you that Carl was on a different thyroid medication for about 2 months and I didn't see any changes in his symptoms, the typical one or the atypical one, until I switched him to Soloxine. There are many posts discussing this. I wouldn't use anything else other than Soloxine.

I am also searching for an alternative to buying Soloxine from my vet, so your posted question is a helpful!

I agree if you are just starting treatment or not getting the expected results, Soloxine is the choice. But, if your dog is doing well on the generic version there is really no reason to switch.

Ann

NewSiggy09b.jpg

I also would not use anything but Soloxine. Generics are great but when it comes to thyroid meds I won't use the generic. Take a look at petscriptions.com they usually beat the price although Omaha also has great prices

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I've head great luck with KV Supply. I pay $19.95 for a 250 bottle Soloxine .4. I think there's a $5 shipping fee if you don't spend $50 minumum. Omaha charges $24.79. I don't know about their shipping fees.

Rita takes .2 twice a day so I split one pill. It's cheaper that way than to order a bottle of .2s. B)

Generic is definitely the best buy. Years ago Care of the Racing Greyhound said to use Soloxine and nothing else so I was a good doobie and did what they said. :lol The new version of the book doesn't say that, so we'll go generic when we run out of this batch of Soloxine.

I buy Payton's soloxine from dr. fosters and smith. they have free shipping. When we renew his prescription my vet is going to give us a prescription for a whole bottle and then I will buy it from omaha vaccine as they're the cheapest for a whole bottle.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Thanks everyone. 1800petmeds seemed to have the best deal...$0.17 per pill and free shipping. They'll call our vet in the morning to verify her script.

I have never really felt that she did "great" with the thyrotabs. Last time we were in, we discussed putting her on Soloxine and the vet said he'd be happy to verify a script for me...but at that particular moment in time we were OUT of thyroid meds altogether and all he keeps in stock at the office are thyrotabs...so he sent those home with us and said when we're getting close to needing more, to decide where I want them from and order them. :)

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

If the generics didn't work so well for you, then I guess we'll just keep on trucking with the Soloxine. Seventeen cents a pill is a wonderful deal. Thanks for a great topic question; it's been very helpful!

www.petcarerx.com has Soloxine for 17 cents a pill for .8 mg pills. Lower prices on smaller dosages: http://www.petcarerx.com/pcrx/productpages/product.aspx?pid=10907

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

I checked out KV Supply for the heck of it. A 1,000 pill bottle of Soloxine .8 is $124.95. That's 12.5 cents a pill. Free shipping too since it's over $50. My vet didn't want me to order 1,000 in case it went out of date before we used it up so we got the 250 bottle instead.

To compare strengths and bottle size, we buy the .4 in a bottle of 250 and it came to 10 cents a pill even with $5 shipping. Amazing.