Wilbur Is Home!

Guest Adrianne

Guest Adrianne

:yay My baby boy is home. I did speak with the vet about OS. We will get the xrays sent on to be sure, but Dr. Sigman feels confident that cancer is not an issue here. Thank you to all for the advice.

IMG_3277.jpg

IMG_3276.jpg

IMG_3274.jpg

Guest houndhome

Does Wilbur know his mommy is posting his naked butt pictures on the internet? :) His stitches look really good, and I'm sure he'll heal fast. Thanks for sharing the good news.

So glad your baby boy is home and resting quietly. Continued prayers for an uneventful recovery process. :hope:kiss2

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Wow! Home already!

He looks great. I hope he soon feels terrific.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Excellent news that he is home!!! I am sure he will heal up nicely now.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest Adrianne

Update: Wilbur is an amazing dog. His appetite is good, he's drinking plenty of water, he's taking his medicine, and he doesn't seem stressed or anxious. We were wondering last night how he would let us know he had to go outside for a business break so we could carry him out; well, he let us know by getting up and walking outside & squatting & doing his business. He can get up by himself, but he can't get back down. I slept on a pallet beside him last night in case he got up, which he did-twice. The first time he was thirsty; getting him back down by myself was interesting for both of us. The second time he got up, I didn't wake up until he was halfway out the dog door into the back yard. My husband jumped up & ran out, but Wilbur was just taking care of business. He walked in on his own, and we got him laid back down.

We are trying to keep him down, as Dr. Sigman said that would be best. But I am happy to see him move about. He does seem to be knuckling a little bit. Not all the time, so it may just be because he's swollen, unsure, hurting, or ???? I'm not going to worry about nerve damage just yet. Any advice on that would be appreciated.

glad to hear that your baby is on the mend. hope the recovery continues to go smoothly for all of you.

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan