Wilbur Is In Surgery Right Now

Guest Adrianne

Guest Adrianne

My 12 year old baby boy slipped last night while loping around the yard. Immediate lameness and terrible pain. The emergency room vet gave him pain medicine and we kept him comfortable last night. Xrays today at our regular vet showed a fracture near his hip, and he is in surgery right now.

ETA: Yesterday morning, my sweet 11 year old Dachshund girlie had to be put down. Yesterday was a long, long day.

Edited by Adrianne

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a terrible day for you yesterday. I am sorry for your loss of your little girl. Lots of good hopes and wishes are going out to Wilbur for a successful surgery. Please let us know how he is doing. You must be feeling overwhelmed.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest grey_dreams

Oh my. I'm sorry for the loss of your sweet girl and then Wilbur's accident. Sending wishes for a rapid recovery for Wilbur. Our thoughts are with you. :grouphug

Geez... what a lot to deal with. :( Sending lots of light and prayers to Wilbur and all the vet staff working with him. :hope I'm very sorry for the loss of your little one. :grouphug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Sending healing white light to Wilbur and hugs of comfort to you. I am so sorry about your little girlie. Please update Wilbur's condition when you are able.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest Adrianne

Thank you everyone. I am still anxiously awaiting word.

As for Macy, she was quite the little girl. She was a breeder dog we rescued about 6 years ago.

Macie.jpg

Oh Adrianne - what a beautiful, sweet girl. Macy had the loveliest face and eyes. I am truly sorry you had to say goodbye to her. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for good news on Wilbur - you could use some peace of mind.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

:hope:candle Prayers for Wilbur...hope he recovers quickly. I am so sorry about your doxie, she was soo cute. May you find peace in knowing she is waiting for you at the bridge...

Katy....Mom to Retired Racers Hinder, John Carter, Hobsen, and Kodama, Galgo Espanol Gichin, and the Village Idiot...Teko
Missing terribly my fawn dog with the pretty ears Chance (Ale Seeyoulater) 6/21/05-6/23/15 Gotcha day 4/6/08 and my fuzzy baby boy Snacker (Tyville Snacker) 7/4/04-10/23/15, and all three of my IG babies, Isen, Tien, and Java.

Guest mcsheltie

I can't believe you had to go through all of that in one day. That is beyond horrid!

I am hoping (and praying) that today turns out to be a good day. Send us a good report on Wilbur!

Oh no, what a terrible day. I'm so sorry about your little Dachshund and now poor Wilbur. Please let us know how Wilbur is doing. Please accept my condolences on the loss of your sweet little girl dog.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014