All Too Familar Words... Beau Not Eating

RobinM

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sending prayers for your two boys, Robin!!!! :hope :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I took out Beau's HP (prescription food) and Teddy ate 2 cups hungrily. Interesting?

I have gone thru this before, several times, I start worrying, and feeding one dog special food and extra attention, trying anything to get that dog to eat,, then another just decides to refuse his otherwise loved food,, but WILL eat the other dogs food. I know you know your dogs, we all watch them like a hawk,, but sometimes it's just that newly picky dog wants more attention, and thinks the other food is better, because you have been talking it up so much for the one who is really sick.

i have had to really be strict with the other dogs who are fine,,,, if they start to show signs of going off their food, i take their food away. they do get hungry and will eat their food again! IF Teddy is fine (and i hope he is!) then he will eat again! it sounds like Beau needs the extra encouragement from his history of IBD ~

good luck with both your boys!!! i have been in your place and it's not fun!

in my house, it's the Blue/fawm boy who eats like a champ ~ and it is a pleasure to see them eat and really love their food!!!

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

• 2 weeks later...

I had to go looking for this thread...how are Beau and Teddy doing? Maybe there's another thread I didn't notice? :blush

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest IrskasMom

This is the first time I see this and was looking for an Update on Beau ???

How did the Weekend go ?? :o:o:o

Edited by IrskasMom

Checking in on Beau today.

he's good. Thank GOD for pred. We raised it back to 10mg and he is eating.

Thanks for thinking about my Beau Beau!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Whew. I'm so glad he's eating.

Keep it up Beau!

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

:yay I'm so glad he's eating!

It's so frustrating when a dog like him decides not to eat, because with most dogs you can just throw a bunch of yummy things at them, but with Beau, he can ONLY have certain things, and the list is short. You run out of options pretty quickly in terms of what you can offer to him.

How is Teddy's appetite?

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

:yay I'm so glad he's eating!

It's so frustrating when a dog like him decides not to eat, because with most dogs you can just throw a bunch of yummy things at them, but with Beau, he can ONLY have certain things, and the list is short. You run out of options pretty quickly in terms of what you can offer to him.

How is Teddy's appetite?

Teddy is doing pretty good too. Thanks for thinking about da boyz!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Oh Robin that's GREAT! We'll keep thinking happy eating thoughts for both of them :yay

The past couple of mornings Sutra hasn't wanted to eat ALL of his breakfast...but I've pretty much rousted them out of bed and fed them right away, which is a little off of our normal routine. I think he likes to have been awake for a while before he eats (I'm the same way) :dunno He has been eating his dinner so I'm not worried yet.