Laurie Kraus (gt Member Lauri)

Tracey

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

An amazing woman gone way too soon

I know there was a GRAND welcoming for Lauri at the gates of the heavens above.

and reading her last post, I don't know, somehow there was comfort in reading that. As if that was the last gift she was given on this earth. The warm sun to shine down upon her face. A simple thing so many of us would take for granted.

My heart sank when I saw this...I hate cancer :(

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest FullMetalFrank

Oh, no... I have been wondering why she hadn't posted in awhile; I was going to do a "has anyone heard from her" post but I think in the back of my mind I was afraid to know the answer. Lauri's posts never showed her illness; only a lady with a zest for life. Although I know Miles was there to greet her; I am so very sad that she is gone.

Lauri was a lot of fun here on GT. I talked to her about her running and some other things from time to time. I am very sad. :f_pink

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

I am so sad :cry1

Lauri was so positive and so courageous in her fight, I always assumed she'd win. May you find peace and freedom from your pain.

Cancer sucks.

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers

damn...i started wondering about her, too. at solvang in 2008 i took pictures of her miles (seen here trying to speak at the friday night pizza dinner, months before he fell ill):

253212101_STeD7-S.jpg

i think i sent her those pictures of miles. we promised to look for each other for solvang 2009. i finally met her, her husband, and clark at friday's night pizza dinner. i got one shot of her and clark (she's on the right):

483553469_yDmvK-M.jpg

i told her we were thinking of bringing sadie and katie to solvang in 2010. she said she hoped to meet them. i regret that that won't happen. she was such a nice person, a pleasure to chat with, and was so matter-of-fact about her illness. she'll be missed.

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg

Guest tricolorhounds

I met Laurie at the gathering in Solvang back in 2007... we actually walked together on the last day, without knowing. It was only later that we realized we knew each other from GT. We met again in 2008.

I too had a bad feeling... I checked her last posts a couple of months ago and was hoping that she'd just gotten too busy to post more.

RIP Laurie, I know you are back together with Miles :(

Edited by tricolorhounds

I am so sorry to read this. She was such a sweet person. My heart goes out to her family.

:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest KennelMom

I was just thinking about Laurie a couple weeks ago because I hadn't recalled seeing her post recently. She had one of my all-time favorite avatars so I always noticed her posts. I cried last night for a woman I'd never met in person. Who's voice I'd never heard. But, I came to know her through Greytalk. She was a very caring and energetic person. And she loved greyhounds. And the heavens are a brighter place with her there. I hope all of our GT Bridge kids gave her a wonderful welcome. I know Miles was happy to see her again....

:cry1

Rest in peace. :candle

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg