Keep Your Fingers Crossed

Well I just got a call from my regular vet. He received the chemo from OSU. The protocol they gave is in indepth detail so he's comfortable with this procedure.

She has to have a CBC and benadril first thing. Then the chemo itself is a 20 minute slow drip.

Other than a possible allergic reaction that would happen almost immediately, and an upset tummy.....there are supposed to be little side effects.

We have 5 treatments over a 10 week period.

So keep your fingers crossed!

Mary Pat and Diamond.

Fingers very tightly crossed here. :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

:goodluck

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Paws crossed but ready to do a happy dance at anytime!

Tina dogmom to Rocket and Angels Cofax (my girl) 5/9/01-7/1/10(OS), ReRun (my boy)(4/18/95-4/19/07 Heart tumor)) Dedicating my life as much as I could - to keeping the smile alive of my Lambie Pie - lost 12/04 to Rocky Mtn Spotted Fever.... & then there's the hubby - Bob

.... http://www.freewebs.com/3nofleas/ .

We just got back and she took it like a trooper. All she thought about was that she finally had her Momma all to herself.

No after effects YET. But I heard that comes within a couple days.

But she's home.........went out to pee and is now sleeping. (typical 12 yr old)

Thanks for all the good thoughts and white light. She's gonna go to the bridge from old age, and not this dreaded cancer.

Glad things went well today - and I will continue to have my fingers and toes crossed that she doesn't have much in the way of side effects. Thank you very much for the update. Yay for mommy time!

She's gonna go to the bridge from old age, and not this dreaded cancer.

I second that motion. All in favor? ...................it's unanimous!

Keeping everything crossed that Diamond sails through chemo! Sending prayers and hugs.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest MorganKonaAlex

Glad to hear she is doing so well. My guys' appetites would be depressed a bit for a few days after treatment. I think OSU is providing Doxorubicin (Adriamycin) for osteo chemo. It's bright red and can cause the patient's urine to turn red. Usually within a few hours of treatment. Don't get alarmed; it's normal. I had Adriamycin myself so feel free to ask questions.

Glad to hear she is doing so well. My guys' appetites would be depressed a bit for a few days after treatment. I think OSU is providing Doxorubicin (Adriamycin) for osteo chemo. It's bright red and can cause the patient's urine to turn red. Usually within a few hours of treatment. Don't get alarmed; it's normal. I had Adriamycin myself so feel free to ask questions.

OSU gave my vets a very detailed protocol for the Doxo. Including the red urine. And I'm told to make sure not to come in contact with it. So..........what do I do when she has incontinence?!!

Aack!

Best is gloves to clean up but you're not going to grow a third eye if you don't have any. Just wash your hands well afterwards.

How is she doing today?

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Well I started her back on the PPA for the incontinence. My biggest fear was her lying it in and it soaking into her thick fur.

But after two accidents yesterday, there were none last night or today so far.

She showed the first slightest hint of feeling under the weather. WHile she ate all of her breakfast, when I gave her a small piece of her sister's (who doesn't always finish) Diamond nosed it. She would never nose a piece of food,it's usually gone before I finish giving everyone else's food.

So, while she's still eating......it's just a small hint of a tummy upset. She still ate her eggs and liver afterwards. (and coffee cake).