Meet Karissa- She's Come A Long Way To Be With Me!

Guest KBgrey

Hi everyone!

I recently adopted my first dog as an adult. It turns out that a lot of people came together to bring my dog to where she is today.

I'm not super impulsive, and I knew that I wanted a rescue dog, I was just waiting to find the right one. A random visit to a meet-and greet sponsored by the Columbus Zoo lead me to see many rescue groups and organizations, but it was the greyhounds that intrested me the most. I filled out an application to adopt a greyhound the next day.

The dog that eventually came home with me, Karissa Belle, I learned she had been a rescue from Guam. I still can't believe sometimes that she came from all that way around the world. And all the people who had to come together to make this possible is amazing to me. From Guam to California, to all over the U.S. I cant express how wonderful and generous these people are. So on behalf of my dog - I am grateful that there are good people out there who have come together to bring these dogs to safety in America. And to everyone who would take in a resuce animal, that would otherwise have no family of their own.

Karissa has come a long way from the withdrawn, timid dog who joined me a few months ago. She is always there to great me when I get home and lean on me in her affectionate way. I love her to bits and I know that she is the right dog for me.

**** Claire and Karissa

She is beautiful! Congrats and Welcome :)

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Welcome to GT and congratulations, Karissa is beautiful, what a story this girl could tell us if she could talk, thanks for telling it for her :)

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

Karissa is a beautiful girl! Thanks for giving her a home! :wub:

Welcome to GT!!! :welcome2:wave

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest tricolorhounds

I met a number of the Guam dogs as they were arriving in Los Angeles... they had been through so much already and were still happy dogs.

Bless you for giving Karissa a greyt home.

Hi Claire!!

Welcome to you and Karissa, and congratulations!! :confetti:clap

Karissa is beautiful and she must have had an amazing journey to get to you, her forever home!

We'd love to see more pictures of your beautiful girl!!

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest RobinAZ

Claire, your girl is beautiful and it's amazing how she came to be with you. I am new to the forum too and everyone has been so friendly and helpful. I've only had my GreyCee for three days. These dogs sure capture your heart, don't they?

She is beauitful! Welcome and congrats!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest KennelMom

Congrats!!! I also extend huge kudos and thanks to all of the folks who are working on rescuing the guam dogs. They truly are rescues.

Thanks for giving Karissa a Forever Home!

Thanks so much everyone for the warm welcome! there is such a great community of people dedicated to their greyhounds and other pets!

i want to get more pics up... but i'm still learning my way around the site.

:beatheart

Guest PhillyPups

Claire :wave Hi and welcome from Philly. Your story moved me to my soul. On GT you will see amazing things happn, things that you don't expect to be able to see, and all done for the love of the breed. It will always warm me to my core when someone new comes and posts how awesome the whole adoption world is.

Welcome and Karissa is absolutely stunning, she is blessed to be sharing your life, as you are to be sharing hers.

Keep posting and keep the pictures coming.

Guest bonnebike

Welcome and congrats!!! I have some in-laws out in Buckeye country, but they all have or have had the wrong kind of dogs. :P It will be fun to see what Karissa makes of her first winter out there.

Guest ctgreylover

welcome. I am amazed at the effort to save the Gaum pups and the Galgos and even a sick runt of a puppy! GTers are greyt people.

Congrats to you both.