Omg..did Ya'll Hear That Gsod Around The World?

Guest Downtownhoundz

Guest Downtownhoundz

Poor Ben, I had to rush him to the vet again this afternoon and have them "clean" him out! He was screaming so loud while we were out on our walk and I couldn't get both boyz settled down enough to get back to the house. Ben was all hunched over screaming with poop half in and half out...I was so scared! I got him to the vet and they cleaned him out again, he screamed the whole time. The vet said he apparently has two pockets on either side of the colon which waste gets trapped in. We're home now and he's panting and whimpering with an occasional whine, looking at his butt.His regular vet has been on vacation but I'm gonna call her and see if she was able to get the names of the people who did the double surgery on this poor pup! We came home with a bag of very low residue food to try.This really scares me when he starts screaming like this. :(

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read you post about this before. What I don't understand is, what was he eating at the kennel?

If he didn't have the problem there after the surgery, why now? Is it all diet related?

Poor guy, I sure hope you get to the bottom of it

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest Downtownhoundz
I've read you post about this before. What I don't understand is, what was he eating at the kennel?

If he didn't have the problem there after the surgery, why now? Is it all diet related?

Poor guy, I sure hope you get to the bottom of it

I wish I knew.....the vet said he probably just coped with it on his own at the kennel.I feel so helpless for him!This time it was really bad...

Poor bug :( .

Believe there is a surgery they do where they just shorten the colon -- cut that section out altogether -- so it would be worth knowing if that was already tried or if they did something else when they worked on him before.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Poor baby. I too would try and find out how he coped and with what at the kennel.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

My Skimmie used to have unusually large poops that hurt him...I gave him Metamucil with his food and he did fine...however, switching to TOTW Pacific Stream has helped his poop be much more appropriately sized for his tiny little body :)

Sounds like diverticulitis in people...I don't know much about it but I just wanted to pass along my hopes that Ben is feeling better soon - poor boy :(

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest shanesmom

Poor Ben and you too. I'll be praying that your vet finds a way to prevent this from happening again. I can only imagine how painful that is for him.

Guest cgl0909

Poor, poor pup! I feel so bad for him and you. I would have been a crying mess. I can’t stand for anyone to be in pain. I hope the new food helps. :goodluck

Guest LeanneSchatz
Poor Ben, I had to rush him to the vet again this afternoon and have them "clean" him out! He was screaming so loud while we were out on our walk and I couldn't get both boyz settled down enough to get back to the house. Ben was all hunched over screaming with poop half in and half out...I was so scared! I got him to the vet and they cleaned him out again, he screamed the whole time. The vet said he apparently has two pockets on either side of the colon which waste gets trapped in. We're home now and he's panting and whimpering with an occasional whine, looking at his butt.His regular vet has been on vacation but I'm gonna call her and see if she was able to get the names of the people who did the double surgery on this poor pup! We came home with a bag of very low residue food to try.This really scares me when he starts screaming like this. :(

Aww, hugs for you and Ben. Poor baby. I hope that he can get this all taken care of soon.

:bighug