Prayers For Bella

Guest Dragonmom

Guest Dragonmom

Bella is in surgery right now. She went out for a potty break and was running around the yard and came in with a bleeding leg. She cut it down to the bone and severed 2 tendons. the vet met us at the clinic at 11:45 am and i got to stay while she was sedated. i would have stayed for the whole thing but the vet had to leave and no one else is there today. please pray for my poor whippet baby. The vet said to call at around 2:00 and i should be able to pick her up then. I am stil in shock and i feel so guilty that i let her get hurt.

*edited* for spelling

Edited by Dragonmom

Sending prayers for a successful surgery and a full, uneventful recovery.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Adding our prayers for sweet Bella. Hope all goes well and she heals without incidence. Hugs to you also, don't beat yourself up over this, things happen when pups play no matter how many precautions you take.

Oh we have been where you are. I am so sorry, hoping for a speedy, unevernful full recovery.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest Dragonmom

i'll be heading out to pick up Bella in a few minutes. she is up and moving around but thats all i know at this point. i'll post more when we get home.

Guest 3greysinPA

Many prayers for Bella,, hoping that her surgery goes well... and recovery is quick... :hope:hope:hope:hope:hope:candle

i'll be heading out to pick up Bella in a few minutes. she is up and moving around but thats all i know at this point. i'll post more when we get home.

Keep us posted :candle

Guest Dragonmom

My poor baby Bella is home, she is still pretty drugged up. The vet was able to repair the 2 tendons but he doesn't know if it will work or not. She may be left with 2 toes that don't touch the ground. He gave me clovamox for her but no pain meds. i did ask but he said she would be fine. i don't think she will be fine painwise :( she is about 36 lbs and i have children's meds here if that are ok to give but i won't with out advice first. This is my first major dog accident and i'm so worried about Bella.

No pain meds!! I'd be asking again for pain meds for her, poor Bella! (She probably has some on board after surgery that will keep her comfortable for the rest of today anyway).

I'll have fingers crossed that she heals up well.

Guest Energy11

Poor Bella! I am sure it will be okay. Do not feel quilty. Things like this happen. WHY on the weekend, almost always, I will never know.

Love, hugs and prayers!

Guest Dragonmom
No pain meds!! I'd be asking again for pain meds for her, poor Bella! (She probably has some on board after surgery that will keep her comfortable for the rest of today anyway).

I'll have fingers crossed that she heals up well.

Poor Bella is still passed out on my bed, we both had a nap and she moved enough to cuddle with me. DF is cooking burgers and Bella is not at her normal place waiting for a piece. She lifts her head but nothing more than that when someone comes in the bedroom.

What are some of the pain signs i should be looking for? Panting and whining are 2 that are normal, she was so quiet when i was holding the towel to her leg to try and stop the bleeding. she barely made a sound at all.

Guest zoolaine

Poor Bella! Hope you start feeling better sweetie. :kiss2 Some dogs are very good at hiding pain. Last time Luna was in for a hurt leg the vet could tell it hurt because when that joint was moved Luna would gulp. I definitely think she will need pain medication (I actually came on GT to search for what to give Jupiter for pain as I think he strained a muscle), can't believe that the vet didn't give you any. Any type of surgery or injury to the tendon is going to hurt for several days or more. Is this your regular vet that did the surgery?

Guest jerrybird

Poor little Bella. When does she go for a bandage change? I'd ask for pain meds-especially if she stops eating. These things always seem to happen on long holiday weekends (Thanksgiving in Canada) don't they? We hope for a nice recovery for the little darlin'.

Guest Dragonmom

We just moved to the area about 4 months ago and this is the closest vet to us, so it seems to be the one we use the most. I made a point of asking for pain meds after wards. He said she would be fine but i thought this is gonna hurt, and just let it go. i should had pressed harder for pain meds.

the vet said to leave the bandage on for 2 days and then take it off and rewrap it. She hasn't eaten at all after being home and i don't figure she will want anything till tomorrow.

Guest SoulsMom

Oh, poor sweetie! And you! You must be so out of your mind :grouphug

I'm surprised about no pain meds too . . . Soul was sent home with meds for the pain when he had to have his toenail taken off. Only used two, but still . . . was she at least sent home with antibiotics to guard against infection?

Re~how they act when in pain . . . Soul was very stoic. Not crying, GSOD, or anything like that. He just acted 'off' :(

Ugh. I hope she heals quickly and well.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)